OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tactical Tat'r 2 question to those who have it?

Started by WVhuntEER, February 17, 2011, 04:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVhuntEER

First, I've read that the size of the vest runs big.   Is this true?   Also,  how many pot calls can you fit in it?   I have at least three that I like to bring with me. Any pros/cons would be appreciated.  I am thinking of getting one since it is on sale now.  I thought about splurging and getting the one with the kickstand but it only comes in one size L/XL and I am 5'8 160 lbs.  Not sure it would be a good fit.

Thanks!

CASH

I've got the Tat'r, not the 2 but it's pretty much the same vest.  I'm a hair over 6'/200lbs and I've got the L/XL.  It fits just right on me.  Plus it's got enough adjustment in the straps.

The pot call pocket only holds 2 pots.  I removed the diaphram holder and use that pocket for an extra pot and strikers, and you can also use the slanted pockets on the vest to hold pots.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Cove

I have the Tater 2, I'm slim and 5'9", the medium is just right. I cant stand something hanging all off of me when I'm slipping through the woods.

WVhuntEER

tjh24

I think the other guys pretty much summed it up, There are only two dedicated slate type call pockets, however, there are plenty of pockets for anything else.  Right now Cabelas has the Mossy oak one and the Seclusion 3D on sale for 79.99.  I just got the mossy oak one last night!

ncturkey

They look awesome. Is the cushion thick enough. It looks thick.

wvboy

I just ordred one.. my old Redhead vest is 7 years old and I have sewed it back together the last three years.. I hope I like this one.. I'm worried about my long Boat Paddle box call . the Redheard vest would fit it, but not sure this one will..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

old frank

I am 5'8" and 195.  I have the L/XL and with just a T shirt I have all the straps pulled down as short as they go. I believe at 160 a Medium will work for you.

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

WVhuntEER

I just ordered one in Medium Frank.  Thanks again guys!   :icon_thumright:

mossy835

Great vest and yes the seat works great if you remember to use it, easy to swing up and down. Lots of pockets for most things you will want to take. The back is great with the pads for air circulation and back support. Give it time and it grows on you, I grew up with a hunting vest for quail and doves with out many storage options made of heavy canvass and at near or above 100 degree temperatures it was hot!!

FLGobstopper

What do ya'll think about one of these vs. a Mossy Oak Limbhanger? I have the Limbhanger now and had a Dixon but got rid of it because I thought it was too heavy and hot. This one has caught my eye even though I really like my Limbhanger.

WVhuntEER

FlA, I will let you know.  I have hunted with the Limbhanger for a couple of years now and really didn't need an upgrade but like you this one has had my eye for a while.  I bought a Cabelas pack for deer hunting last year and it is simply awesome.  Quite honestly, that is what made me want to try this one.  I will let you know how it compares when I get it.  It never hurts to have two. lol   ;)