OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WW2 Ammo???

Started by Dylan T, December 08, 2011, 08:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan T

WTH? Has anyine seen anything like this? TSG is selling WW2 ammo. They say it's genuine. I guess they can't lie legally. This stuff is still around???

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/600-rds-us-wwii-era-45-acp-ammo.aspx?a=85558

:z-guntootsmiley:

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Dylan T on December 08, 2011, 08:17:16 PM
WTH? Has anyine seen anything like this? TSG is selling WW2 ammo. They say it's genuine. I guess they can't lie legally. This stuff is still around???

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/600-rds-us-wwii-era-45-acp-ammo.aspx?a=85558

:z-guntootsmiley:

I recently found 900 rounds in the original boxes and another 600 rounds of Korean War vintage. It's still around and it will shoot just fine.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

redarrow

Thousands of rounds at the local gun show every month.My buddy knocks out the full metal jackets and resizes the neck ,then adds his own bullets.They shoot fine.

mossy835

Works great not a problem.

West Augusta

I'm still shooting Korean war ammo that my dad gave me. No issues yet.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Dylan T

Makes you wonder how much ammo they manufactured during WW2 and Korea. Answer = a lot!

There must be a lot lying around too.

CASH

Dude, you'd be surprised at the amount of surplus ammo is still around from way back when.  When I was in, we were still building bombs left over from Nam.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

stinkpickle

I'm a little hesitant to fire ammo that old.  My sister-in-law's new boyfriend (an officer having served in both Iraq and Afghanistan) said the Army started yanking .50 cal ammo manufactured prior to 1978 after several incidents of over pressure showed up in the Vietnam-era ammo they were using.  In fact, a few soldiers got hurt.  His buddy got the tops of the thighs blown off when the bottom of an M2 blew out.  He said it had something do with the ammo being over handled, so that the gunpowder crumbles into a fine powder that changes it burn characteristics.  I believe I'll stay on the safe side.   ;)

mightyjoeyoung

I have a brand new, never opend case and 2 bandoliers of German 8x57, 190 gr. steel jacketed Mauser ammo from WW II.  There is english reprint on the box specifying what it is.  Wonder what it's worth?...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

surehuntsalot

I have 200 rds of 1942 issue 303 British ammo on the original stripper clips
and 1 case of 1943 issue 7.62x54R ammo
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Dylan T

Quote from: stinkpickle on December 09, 2011, 06:07:26 PM
I'm a little hesitant to fire ammo that old.  My sister-in-law's new boyfriend (an officer having served in both Iraq and Afghanistan) said the Army started yanking .50 cal ammo manufactured prior to 1978 after several incidents of over pressure showed up in the Vietnam-era ammo they were using.  In fact, a few soldiers got hurt.  His buddy got the tops of the thighs blown off when the bottom of an M2 blew out.  He said it had something do with the ammo being over handled, so that the gunpowder crumbles into a fine powder that changes it burn characteristics.  I believe I'll stay on the safe side.   ;)

I'm with you. And him!