turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

First Duck Hunt Of The Season

Started by HARDCORE, December 04, 2011, 08:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HARDCORE

A hunting buddy of mine called me Friday and asked if I would consider going duck hunting with him this weekend, my response to him was......tell me when and where to meet you, I'm in.

Allen's place is only a 10 min ride from my house, half of the property borders the Black Warrior river and the rest of it is surrounded by private land that for the most part isn't hunted and is prime habitat for just about everything native to the southeast.

With that being said, not everything that inhabits the property is welcome. He has always fought a battle with beavers. Over the years we have killed hundreds, maybe even more but with the river being so close the war with those bas turds will never end.

Anyways, the hunt started off with a beaver I shot in the face at about 15-20 yards just before daylight, turned out to be a fairly large female. The hunt was already a success to my buddy.

We managed to shoot a few ducks and had a great time in the woods this morning.

Here's a few pics.

HC

drenalinld

Great pics. Those woodies are fun and tasty!

TRKYHTR

4 woodies and a ring neck. Thats a good day. Oh yea and a fur bearer. WTG,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

misfire

May have actually protected yourself too, I would want her gnawing on my leg. Congrats on the ducks too
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Tree Hopper

Nice looking woodies. congrats.
Was the black jack a mistake?
The beaver will make a good wok of stir fry.

HARDCORE

Quote from: Tree Hopper on December 05, 2011, 06:27:14 PM
Nice looking woodies. congrats.
Was the black jack a mistake?
The beaver will make a good wok of stir fry.

No, the ringer/black jack was a known target, not at all the table fair as a woody but dang fun birds to sling steel at.

HC

Old Gobbler

holy cow !!! look at the size of that beaver !! that thing is a two man drag to get out the woods
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

HARDCORE

Quote from: Old Gobbler on December 05, 2011, 10:28:45 PM
holy cow !!! look at the size of that beaver !! that thing is a two man drag to get out the woods

You got that right Shannon but I cheated, I tied a rope around her leg and floated her to the 4 wheeler.

I weighed it last night before I caped it out, she weighed in at 54 lbs 6oz.......that's a BIG HAIRY BEAVER:TooFunny:

HC

Flydown

It looks like you were pretty hard on the beaver! Looks like a great hunt, I hate I decided to sleep in. :angry9:

CASH

Great pics Ronnie.  You tapped that Beaver good!   :toothy12:
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Tree Hopper

I rekon Black Jacks make good target practice. :z-guntootsmiley:

turkey slayer