OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any interest for this season contest....a trumpet yelper team

Started by savduck, December 04, 2011, 11:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

With the proposed member count on this years teams somewhere at either 10 to 12, I think there will probably be a few new teams, since most of last years where at 14 each. I thought the 20ga guys had a blast last year with there team.

If thats the case, I would like to head up a team called "Trumpet Thumpers" for guys that want to shoot birds with trumpet calls. I plan on knocking a few down using a trumpet and I know jbrown does as well, so we have a start to the team already.

We may not need a new team, but if we do and there is interest please post up if you want to join up.
Georgia Boy

CASH

Quote from: savduck on December 04, 2011, 11:58:14 AM

If thats the case, I would like to head up a team called "Trumpet Thumpers" for guys that want to shoot birds with trumpet calls. I plan on knocking a few down using a trumpet and I know jbrown does as well, so we have a start to the team already.

I'd love to know how you intend on shooting a bird with a trumpet   :smiley-char092: :lol:

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

savduck

Some of my trumpets mouth pieces are pretty pointed...I plan on luring one close enough to stab in the eyeball.
Georgia Boy

bird

Quote from: CASH on December 04, 2011, 12:20:51 PM
Quote from: savduck on December 04, 2011, 11:58:14 AM

I'd love to know how you intend on shooting a bird with a trumpet   :smiley-char092: :lol:

Call em in close and poke em in the eye with the trumpet!  :TooFunny:

bird

Quote from: savduck on December 04, 2011, 12:38:08 PM
Some of my trumpets mouth pieces are pretty pointed...I plan on luring one close enough to stab in the eyeball.

WOW that is scarey... We both posted the same idea at the same time!   :icon_thumright:

mossy835

Quote from: bird on December 04, 2011, 12:39:17 PM
Quote from: savduck on December 04, 2011, 12:38:08 PM

WOW that is scarey... We both posted the same idea at the same time!   :icon_thumright:
Or maybe the Pied Piper method and walk them right into the smoker.
Sounds fun.

drenalinld

I was thinking about the same thing with tube callers. We'll see how many are interested. Could have a tube team and a trumpet team if there is enough interest or combine if there is not enough for two teams. I am interested in either. Not sure how to kill em with a tube?!?!

savduck

Quote from: drenalinld on December 04, 2011, 01:18:52 PM
I was thinking about the same thing with tube callers. We'll see how many are interested. Could have a tube team and a trumpet team if there is enough interest or combine if there is not enough for two teams. I am interested in either. Not sure how to kill em with a tube?!?!

David, we could do that. Team of guys using air operated callers. Bet  we  can get  Lyle in on that to.

Dont be hating on Sachmo.....
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

HARDCORE

Quote from: savduck on December 04, 2011, 01:42:04 PM

Team of guys using air operated callers.

Would this count?

Says it will make me sound like a "Grand Champion"!    ;D

HC

drenalinld

HARDCORE

Quote from: drenalinld on December 04, 2011, 03:10:10 PM
I think that belongs on "squealing hen" team.

You're probably right, cant blame me for tryin.... :D

HC

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.