turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

i guess its all about who you know

Started by slave601, February 17, 2011, 11:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slave601

not sayin im an expert caller or anything but i hold my own and always get a limit of birds here in south miss. on public land. but some of these turkey videos have the crappiest calling ive heard. not to mention callin too much and way to loud. or the "rodney shuffle" as will primos calls it. ive bought tons of dvds over the past and it seems the calling is getting worse and anybody can get on there and give callin instructions. it blows my mind to listen to em call and believe they actually filmed that. some of the h.s. strut guys and harold and chris parrish are pretty good. but the rest pretty much stink it up. even ole troy from primos was kinda good but they ran him off. on truth 22 wills caliing sounds horrible. i jus dont understand. i feel sorry for beginners if thery look at todays dvds for guidance.
"thinnin the flock"

Preacher

It certainly doesn't seem turkey hunting abality have much to do with staring in a viedo.   I would sure love to hunt some of there places , while they made a movie on public land in Mississippi.
Romans 8:37

lightsoutcalls

I'm no competition caller, but man, I'm with you on the sounds heard on some of the videos.  I have to ask myself if that kind of sound is what makes folks want to buy the mass produced calls they use in most of those videos?  I know the individual has as much to do with the sound as the call, but please...  people are buying this stuff left and right and that is the best sound the "professionals" can get out of it? 

I'll stick with my customs, thanks.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

slave601

Yea really. I know I sound a lot better than most of the primos guys and I use to love em an buy their products but they're turning into a joke now. Nothing they make now sounds any good.I would like to see em call the much and that loud on some public land. They'd have to start makin new titles for their dvds. "The TRUTH ABOUT AMBUSHING" haha
"thinnin the flock"

Crutch

I enjoy hearing them call like that. Just makes me feel more confident. I've never considered myself a good caller or even just an OK caller, so if the camera is running, I shut up. I think Pappy has me fixed up this year though and plan to film several hunts.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

mossy835

This is why my second pot call was ordered and received from Pappy. I spent a lot of time here reading and evaluating what I wanted for this year. All of the OG call makers are very competitive with the commercial stuff too. I feel the call makers here have a lot at stake as repeat business is what built this country. Maybe some commercial calls work for turkey hunting (my Tom Gaskins scratch box) brought in birds last early fall and I am happy with it so far but my next one is from OG makers.
:gobble: :gobble:

runngun

The racket some of them folks make HURTS MY DOGGONE EARS! I enjoy "Tree Top Turkeys" real live turkeys. But I also enjoy Eddie Salter (I know except for the squealin hen)and Wadell.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on February 17, 2011, 11:43:48 AM
I'm no competition caller, but man, I'm with you on the sounds heard on some of the videos.  I have to ask myself if that kind of sound is what makes folks want to buy the mass produced calls they use in most of those videos?  I know the individual has as much to do with the sound as the call, but please...  people are buying this stuff left and right and that is the best sound the "professionals" can get out of it? 

I'll stick with my customs, thanks.
x2 :agreed:

FttFttVroom!

Just watched the new HS strut video and it had some decent calling, but this one dude and his crow call had me rolling on the floor in tears!
The turkey wasn't gobbling....it was laughing at the dude's attempt to sound like a crow.  I think the guy had a hernia from blowing on it so hard.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

barry

I watched Turkey Thugs the other nite and the calling on there was terrible, nothing "turkey" about it

TANK

If I did what they tell you to do and called like they do I would never have to buy turkey loads for the next season! I would love to see them where I hunt try that crap........

boggszilla