turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dog Shoots Man

Started by bird, December 01, 2011, 08:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TClark

If he had the safety on it wouldn't a happened.
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

mossy835

I always gave mine an extra treat before allowing him near the guns (just in case).

MDbowman

Here is the story from the guy that got shot.  Reporters can never get a story right!! End result is the same - buttload of 2s

Flydown

Old Gobbler

You got to keep your eye on your dog !!  they get excited and can tip the boat , trip the trigger , or knock the stick shift into gear and take the truck for a ride

That guy was very lucky ,and is now stuck with 24 #2 steel pellets in his backside -had it hit him in the chest or neck at that range he would have dead before he hit the ground
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

gob09

bird

This happens more often than you may realize.

stinkpickle

Quote from: bird on December 02, 2011, 08:11:03 AM
This happens more often than you may realize.

No doubt.  I've heard of it before.  If a dog steps on a cross bolt safety, his paw is probably already inside the trigger guard.

MDbowman

Quote from: Flydown on December 01, 2011, 05:36:50 PM
http://refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=880096

Oops, forgot to paste that link!! Thanks Flydown!!

Never had a dog step on a gun, but my 80# Chessie was half responsible for the only time I have ever tipped a canoe in 35 yrs!! Actually I was 100% responsible cuz it is my dog and canoe. Went after a long cripple that we couldn't get the dog on. Buddy in front, me in back with gun unloaded and tied to canoe. Dog knows that when she is in canoe she sits, and sits right in front of me. I will say I hate canoeing with this guy, he is the most spastic person I have ever had in a canoe. Every little rock and he thinks we are going over and this makes things worse. Anyway got up to gun range of the lively cripple and as he raises his gun I tell the dog sit and she stayed down.  But when he shot she leaned out a little to see where the birds was, never lifted her butt, just leaned a little.  Between the recoil, the dog shifting her weight and ol steady up front, we didn't have a chance. Fortunately it was October, not too cold, only waist deep water, annd after we recovered his gun from the bottom we realized that the dog was swimming circles around us with the duck.  We were glad it wasn't January!