Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Major depression, I lost my grandfather's knife.

Started by BOFF, November 30, 2011, 11:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well it happens. Some days are worse than the others.

I had to take a road trip to Indiana Sunday and Monday, and I lost my grandfather's pocket knife somewhere on the way. It was an Oldtimer pocket knife he had given me before he passed. I never really used it, and it was in good shape. For some dumb reason, I decided to take it on the trip with me. Stopped at a Rural King to stretch my back, a Marathon for gas, and a Subway for some food. It had to be at one of those areas.

O'well, I shouldn't have taken it with me, and kept it at home.

Just had to vent.

:toothy12:

God Bless,
David B.

stinkpickle

You didn't happen to lose 25 cents along with it, did ya?   ;)

TRKYHTR

Sorry to hear that. As soon as I got my grandpas pocket knife I put it away. It will go to my first grandboy. When my grandpa passed away I went to my grandmas house to console her. When I got ready to leave she turned to me with tears in her eyes and reached her hand out to me. When her hand opened his knife was in it. She didn't have to say a word. But she said " He would have wanted you to have it". I miss that man. ALOT.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Preacher

sorry about that , brother,   but your grand-dad knows how you loved him.   Dont beat your self up too bad ,  I bet he would have said " use that knife, dont let just sit around".
Romans 8:37

gob09

good luck with your quest to find your granddads knife

woodwzrd

That is crazy, Crapiepro just found an Old Timer at a Rural King store Earlier this week.
Years ago I lost a pocket knife my wife gave me for my birthday. I searched for a week for it and never found it. I limped along with another knife I had but was never happy with. A year later I found it in the grass where I had lost it and I am still carrying the same knife 15 years later. I hope you are able to find it but if not I am sure you grandad will understand and know just how much he meant to you.

Gamblinman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Cleburne

Hate to hear that, I lost a knife that I had carried for years, made me sick.

mossy835

Sorry to hear of your loss, things happen and are not always for the best. He would understand we all loose things in our daily lives.

redarrow

gobbler74

Of all the knives Ive lost...Im with ya on that. I wish I had just half of them back.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Longbeardfever4ever

Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

gob09

crappiepro needs to give your knife back  i think he is a reasonable man who would do the right thing
by the way CP i recieved the reddot sight today i really like

Old Gobbler

Sorry to hear that - I know you checked real good , but go in and check the seats in your car real good again- dig down in there and under the seat of the car with a flashlight

dont feel alone , I keep losing knives myself including a nice benchmade , and 2 gerbers
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

BOFF

Quote from: stinkpickle on December 01, 2011, 12:49:55 AM
You didn't happen to lose 25 cents along with it, did ya?   ;)

Quote from: Gamblinman on December 01, 2011, 08:39:20 AM
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,14363.0.html

Quote from: redarrow on December 01, 2011, 11:07:15 AM
Glad to see I ain't the only scamp around here. :you_rock:

Quote from: Longbeardfever4ever on December 01, 2011, 04:52:29 PM
Quote from: Gamblinman on December 01, 2011, 08:39:20 AM
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,14363.0.html
:TooFunny:
Can I have the 25 cents? :D

Yes,

I'm guilty. Not sure what got into me, but I couldn't resist.

A few of you caught on rather quickly. ;D

A man, a knife given to him from a family member, and the sentiment of the act, is understood by all men.

God Bless,
David B.