OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Alabama Boys

Started by Rio Fan, November 29, 2011, 02:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio Fan

Guys, I know several of you on here are from Alabama.  A good buddy of mine from Washington is going to be hunting near Sylacauga the first week of April.  His mother/father in law live there and they're going to visit them.  Some of his father in law's co-workers are big turkey hunters and they're going to take him out.  Does this general area have a lot of turkeys? 

TheTwistedOne

Should be some good turkey hunting in the Talladega National Forest.

vaturkey

Every turkey hunter that I've ever met that lives in Alabama says " There aint no turkeys in Alabama".   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Rio Fan

Yeah, he's already been checking areas out in the Talledega National Forest on Google Earth.  I think he'll be hunting some private ground too.

I've already told my buddy that there aren't any turkeys in Alabama, but he's willing to give it a try anyways.   :goofball:

CASH

Quote from: TheTwistedOne on November 29, 2011, 03:11:34 PM
Should be some good turkey hunting in the Talladega National Forest.

And some BIG A hills
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

guesswho

Quote from: vaturkey on November 29, 2011, 03:46:12 PM

Every turkey hunter that I've ever met that lives in Alabama says " There aint no turkeys in Alabama".   :newmascot:
Dang, beat me to it.

Tell your buddy to go ahead and bring two shells just in case.l

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

mossy835

Quote from: vaturkey on November 29, 2011, 03:46:12 PM

Same thing I was told!

hootn

i see the rumors have started.... about turkeys are here.....

be ready to do some climbing steep hills. i havent hunted that part of the forest around that area.

scott

Basser69

I hunt about 15-20 minutes south of Sylacauga and I can tell 'ya to tell him to stay home....No birds around there   :fud: :newmascot:

Rio Fan

Thanks for the info, Basser69.  My buddy is excited just to be hunting in a totally different part of the country, he's only hunted in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.  With a lot of you saying there's no turkeys in Alabama, he's going to feel like a turkey hunting hero if he does manage to luck out and whack a bird while he's there.

Cleburne

There are no birds in Alabama, haven't been for a long time.

gobbler74

I tell ya the southern states sure take a beating during turkey season. Seems that Florida catches the most....
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"