OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Breasting Out And Cooking Your Turkey.

Started by redarrow, February 17, 2011, 09:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PANYHunter

Haha.  I just got this in an email and was going to post it up.  You beat me to it.

redarrow

I got it in this mornings E mail also. I remember cleaning my first gobbler. Whole lot different than a Quail.

new2turkey

joey46

I'm a firm member of the anti-breasting society.  Mine look like this.  The big birds deserve it.

neal

Quote from: joey46 on February 17, 2011, 01:12:50 PM
I'm a firm member of the anti-breasting society.  Mine look like this.  The big birds deserve it.
:agreed:

MMMMMMMMMMMM my mouth is watering!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

timbrhuntr

Not that one again. I remember last time it was posted it took a turn for the worst.  :popcorn:

CB on the run

I don't like wasting either but the legs never turn out for me.  I guess the next step is to boil them for soup.

CB

unclerick

That's a pretty neat video, I do take the legs and thighs out though, thats alot of meat in them. Once I cut them out I debone them and cut the cartledge out of the legs, takes a little time but it's well worth it.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TClark

Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

joey46

This always ends up being a sore subject for some but if I do it any other way I feel way too guilty.  Takes me about an hour to turn this (FL April 2010)

into this (Holidays 2010)

I added three store bought legs for members of the family that always fight over them.  They usually need to stay in the oven about 30 minutes longer than the wild boy if you try this.

hammernstrut

I have made a mean jambalaya with the dark meat before.   Boil the dark meat until it starts to fall off the bone, usually about 2 hours, then pull it off and chop into chunks.   Use your favorite jambalaya recipe and use the turkey meant instead of or in addition to the andouille sausage.   The flavor blends well with shrimp if you like to add them.  Serve over rice.   

Then again, cook the whole thing in the oven and eat until you can't do anything but roll off the couch.  It's all good. 

Snoody Bastid

Nice job Joey46.
I saw those extra legs in the pan and thought you threw in the decoy's legs by accident. lol..