turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Waist Packs

Started by Woodsman4God, November 28, 2011, 09:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodsman4God

a couple of years ago I recieved a waist pack with a lot of pockets and I can carry a ton of stuff in it, however the zippers on it suck and I have lost several items because of it. Thank God my brother found one of the custom calls I lost this year or I would have really been cheesed. Needless to say I am looking for a new one. Anyone have any recommendations on a waist pack, looking for one with several pockets and one main one for holding grunt tubes, strikers predator calls etc... the others big enough to put a pot call in and miscellaneous stuff

any recommendations....I have one in mind but looking for others to research

CB on the run

I'll have to check the brand names on the two I use frequently, I also use a 3rd small one from Beaglewaer during ML season.  I customize mine by attaching a pair of clip on suspenders to help distribute the weight as I load mine down with lunch, binoculars, ammo, gloves, facemask, water, and jacket strapped on.  Dragging a deer out yesterday, my son picked up my fanny pack and remarked on how heavy it was not realizing that I had taken all my layers off and strapped them to the pack.  I opt for wool or fleece if possible.

CB

lightsoutcalls

I use one made by Red Head for Bass Pro.  It has quite a few different pockets and gets pretty heavy with all of the junk I pack in it.  It has worked well, but has had one of the zippers break on one of the small pockets.  Fortunately the rest of the zippers have held up well.  It has covered a lot of ground, but I am looking at one of the "molle" bags that slings over one shoulder.  My only hang-up with them is they look like a "man-purse".  :-\
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!