Previous topic - Next topic

Size of  the Oldgobbler 2012 turkey contest teams poll

8 (15.1%)
15 (28.3%)
30 (56.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Old Gobbler

This poll is for the size of the individual 2012 teams--

I am starting to put some thought into to 2012 contest because it is just around the corner , and the contest has proved to be very popular with the members in years past

For a team captain the burden of keeping things in order was a pain especially last year because of the site crash and people having to re register and the end result was oversize teams - I can tell you  right now we will not be going over 12 members per team again - I and some of the staff have decided to step back and not participate in the 2012 contest as participants so that we can devote our time to help keep watch on the contest . Registration will take place some time after Xmas

The rules will more or less be the same .To simplify registration and teams we are thinking we will allow you guys to communicate with each other and have a captain of your choice run down a list of participants that will be on your team - That list will be final and binding , no changes will be made other than to fill out the rest of your team with members if necessary . Random selection members will post to a separate thread and I will randomly place on a team as needed- There will be the usual post count requirements , low post members will be placed on all low post teams . Proof of picture posting ability will be required on the registration thread

I will put this out for you guys to think about is that every year we run a poll on the ratio of self appointed and random members in a makeup in a team - The earlier the poll the lower the self appointed ratio , then towards the contest that number starts to climb , same thing every year - You guys will figure out your own roster and it will be filed up will randoms if necessary -Any PM's or requests to adjust a team roster will be deleted and ignored - make your team selection very carefully because it will be final. some of you are very familiar with each other so if you want to start putting together something , do it in PM's only until he contest registration time is here----Shannon 

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

chatterbox

Good post, Shannon. :icon_thumright:
I hope my post count is high enough to be eligible! :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

anthonyjhallen

I say 12 is good.  Whats the thoughts on how many birds we can register.  And can a hunter register more than one bird to cover down on those that dont kill a high scoring one?

hookedspur

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on November 27, 2011, 06:45:11 PM
I say 12 is good.  Whats the thoughts on how many birds we can register.  And can a hunter register more than one bird to cover down on those that dont kill a high scoring one?

Good Question .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BOFF

Thanks for the early thoughts. It will be here before we know it.

God Bless,
David B.

chatterbox

Quote from: BOFF on November 27, 2011, 11:10:50 PM
Thanks for the early thoughts. It will be here before we know it.

God Bless,
David B.
Not early enough for some of us. Can't take Harrison to VT till late April for youth weekend up there.
I do agree, we need to start hashing out the details now.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on November 27, 2011, 06:45:11 PM

I was thinking best 8 or 9 gobblers ,but that aspect will be up to the membership, we will run a poll closer to the contest  :icon_thumright:

-Shannon

gob09

cant wait so how many members from last yr. can we have on our team thanks for putting on the contest it takes a lot of work from the staff and no pay

Jay

12 is a good number to keep track of as far as a Captain.

harvester

12 is a good number,  it will make the final scores interesting if we can still use 10 birds.

BigHooks

I know one thing I had a blast, thanks too everyone. Can't wait for the up coming season....

willy8457

12 sounds good.  Hope to hunt with the eastern assassins this year to. Really enjoyed it last year

Old Gobbler

12 is a good # for a team ,but I was looking to ease the burden of obligation to the team captain - but again even the poll is saying 12 is popular -

towards the spring time I will o a poll for scoring ratio , and self pick of team ration , like 9 self pick teams with 3 random members , or all self pick by the team

-Shannon

BOFF

I thought 12 members per team.
8 scorable birds, one per member.

God Bless,
David B.