OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What did you start out with ??

Started by runngun, February 16, 2011, 11:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallsflight

Quote from: runngun on February 16, 2011, 11:25:29 PM
I used a fixed full choke Remington model 11 2 3/4.

What a beautiful looking gun the model 11 is!  Do you still own it?  The first shotgun I used when I was old enough to hunt with was the Remington model 11-48.

pogo

Remington Sportsman 58, 12 gauge, 2 3/4 " chamber with a 30" Full choke.  I shot Remington 1 1/2 oz  #4s through it.  I wish Federal would make 2 3/4" flightcontrol with their hevishot in it. 

honker22

I'm still using the same gun I started with.  95 or 96 model 870 3" with a 21"bbl.  I shot the factory super full and Winchester #4s... I killed and missed a lot with that combo.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

mossy835

My first gun was an old used Remington 22 pump for learning around 1948, this was followed by dads old Winchester 30 30 lever action long barrel (still have it) then my own new Mossberg 410 bolt action with three "screw on" chokes. I now have the replacement of my first 12 G "Sears" JC Higgins with the cutts comp style choke system complete with all three chokes (great gun smooth action). I acquired this shotgun from a friend that heard me talking about the one I had that was stolen years ago, he showed up at work one day and handed it to me, I always take it with me and use it for pheasant every year.

neal

Mossberg 835 undertaker choke federal #5's now Benelli Nova Rhino Hevi #7's
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Reloader

Winchester 1300 and handloaded 2-3/4"  1-1/2oz #6s from a full choke. 

Hard to believe turkeys used to actually die with all the inadequate guns and ammo mentioned in this thread :D

1esso

Winchester 1300 Black Shadow Turkey- Which is my back up gun now.

njdevilsb

I used a Mossberg 20 gauge 28" barrel with a modified choke.  That gun was old when I used it, but I killed a few birds with it.  I used Winchester 3" #5's.

longspur

Stevens FOX. double barrell 16ga. burned in house fire

Basser69

I started out chasing turkeys with a Humpback Browning 12 GA. with a 28" full choke, mouth call and a Ben Lee box call. I shot my first bird at 7 steps in self defence. He wanted some and I was not going to be his squealing hen

ILIKEHEVI-13

TWOWITHONE

gophert

Remington 1100 23" x-full choke  Remington Nitro Mag  6 shot

Primos True Double mouth call -

All at the ripe ol age of 15. 

GOLD HUNTER

My 1st turkey gun was a 916 S&W 12ga. 3" full choke and 3" winXX #6 :1 7/8.oz

:z-winnersmiley:

brian

WyoHunter

Mine was a Remington Model 1100 12 ga. Magnum 3" with 28" barrel with a Full choke.  :cowboy:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!