OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Your Butterball turkey is Halal certified - MUST READ!!!

Started by lightsoutcalls, November 22, 2011, 03:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

You are not going to believe this one...

From the Butterball website:

"With expertise in catering to the cultural and linguistic needs of countries all around the world, we are USDA Approved, Russian Approved, and Halal Certified."

http://products.butterballcorp.com/intl/

What does Halal certified mean?

"To be halal certified the animal must be facing Mecca, have its throat cut while still alive and then ritually sacrificed by a Muslim who recites a prayer dedicating the slaughter to Allah. Fees must be paid to one of the certifying organisations for this service. Islamic certifying organisations benefit financially from providing this service. They receive a constant stream of funds to support Islamic projects which contribute to the advancement of sharia (Islamic law) here and around the world."

http://www.halalchoices.com.au/what_is_halal.html

Yes, folks, your Butterball turkey was killed in the name of allah and according to approved muslim slaughter practices.

I can assure you there will be no butterball turkeys on my table.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Spring Creek Calls

[I can assure you there will be no butterball turkeys on my table.]

Amen to that Brother! Woops, was that offensive?

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

stinkpickle

chatterbox

The Cohutta Strutter

Anybody seen America lately?

longspur

mcgruff1533

No Butterballs for me.     Hey corporate America... thanks for caving into yet another Islamic special interest. 

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: Gitzit69 on November 23, 2011, 10:25:17 AM
Quote from: stinkpickle on November 22, 2011, 04:44:16 PM
Great...that news is about three days too late.   >:(
X2

Sorry, I posted within 30 minutes of hearing about it myself.  It would have been less than that, but I wanted to check the websites myself before posting. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Old Gobbler

Thats the last straw !  From now on I am going to learn how to turkey hunt, and kill my dang turkeys .
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

CASH

Quote from: Old Gobbler on November 23, 2011, 10:39:11 AM
Thats the last straw !  From now on I am going to learn how to turkey hunt, and kill my dang turkeys .

:character0029: :happy0064: :character0029: :happy0064:

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Old Gobbler

Wendell is right on this , how pathetic {looks to be true as posted on their very own site} is any company that cowtoes to pressure from special interest groups , especially one like this - this is BS

I did a quick google search and found out that this true rumor is in fact viral now and is spreading on every social site on the net including facebook -

I can tell you right now there will be a backlash and consumers will not want any part of their thanksgiving celebration tainted with the hint of some Muslim ceremony

Butterball will be tainted with reputation of the "muzlim turkey" and be typeset as a substandard in quality , consumers will actually look for other brands in preference over the name brand butterball

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

chatterbox

Quote from: Old Gobbler on November 23, 2011, 12:55:38 PM
Wendell is right on this , how pathetic {looks to be true as posted on their very own site} is any company that cowtoes to pressure from special interest groups , especially one like this - this is BS

I did a quick google search and found out that this true rumor is in fact viral now and is spreading on every social site on the net including facebook -

I can tell you right now there will be a backlash and consumers will not want any part of their thanksgiving celebration tainted with the hint of some Muslim ceremony

Butterball will be tainted with reputation of the "muzlim turkey" and be typeset as a substandard in quality , consumers will actually look for other brands in preference over the name brand butterball

Nauseating. If s#^t keeps happening, the American way of life will not end with a bang, but with a wimper.

HARDCORE

Quote from: aristico on November 23, 2011, 05:42:39 PM
I just bought three butterball turkeys today. I don't care if it was killed in the name Jesus, Allah or Buddha they still taste great.

"Fees must be paid to one of the certifying organisations for this service. Islamic certifying organisations benefit financially from providing this service. They receive a constant stream of funds to support Islamic projects which contribute to the advancement of sharia (Islamic law) here and around the world."

I dont care if it's the best tasting turkey in the world, this bothers me and should every American.

HC

gob09

the thing about islam it's not just another religion it's a form of gopvermant that has its own financial system its own laws its a way of life a very opressed life to say the least and i hope i speak for a lot a folks on here that we dont want anything to do with anything muslim or islamic

gob09

read the koran and understand shirah law its fact do some reading on the subject from a source other than the libral crap aw heck just read the koran it's not sad just fact