OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Coyote Kills Deer.

Started by Hognutz, November 20, 2011, 10:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hognutz

This is why we need to coyote hunt..
Got this from another site..Mike

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/jiofds-2fnd983-fnkl2i2-2789ndf98?et_mid=525482&rid=3414603

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mossy835

Hognutz

Thanks, Fanman. I adjusted the link in my original post.. Thanks for coming to the rescue..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mossy835

That is the way the Coyote and Wolf does it's work and why I was never bothered by trapping Coyotes in my youth. Now they are releasing wolf packs in our state and I would like the treehugger's to have to watch this kind of thing before they bring back the end of our deer and elk in WA state. Sobering!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

turkey slayer

boy that just makes me sick to see a great buck go down like that :character0029: :character0029:

TRKYHTR

Made me sick as well. I don't know why the buck didn't just run away. He wasn't leaving that area for some reason unless he was sick or something wrong with him. Sure a nice looking buck. I'd a shot him.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

bird

A few years ago while turkey hunting I witnessed a similar situation where a yote and a deer had a standoff in the middle of a hay field.  Every time the deer would try and turn to run the yote would attack which would make the deer turn and try and charge.  While this was going on I slipped around downwind of them both and was able to sneak within 20 yards of the two using a rise to hide as cover.  I then laid flat and gave a couple rabbit squeals and the yote quickly turned and charged toward me to investigate.  Before he knew it he had a face full of turkey shot.  The deer made a very quick exit in the opposite direction.

TClark

QuoteMade me sick as well. I don't know why the buck didn't just run away. He wasn't leaving that area for some reason unless he was sick or something wrong with him.

I thought the same thing...unless there was a pack of them and he was surrounded.
WOW, what a beautiful deer.   Sad, very sad!!
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

BigHooks

In my book only good yote is a dead one...

chatterbox

I couldn't watch it all. Made me sick to my stomach. What a horrible death for that animal.
Every coyote I see is gonna get hammered by the .308. It will be alot quicker, and far more humane than what that deer went through.

Gobble Nole

Welcome to nature fellas.  It appears to me that the buck was potentially wounded or sick, maybe an errant shot with a bow or something to weaken the animal. 
I can tell you this, nature is rough.  You can shoot all the coyotes that can be called in and bated, and this will still happen on a daily basis throughout the country.  No matter what you do, nature will always be there and natural selection will reign, it cannot be stopped.  It isn't easy to watch but it is an important lesson to hunters.  Make good clean kill shots, do a good job tracking if necessary, and recover the animal.  Wounded and weakened animals are easy pray for coyotes, even a mature buck like this.
I can promise that this sort of predator related death has been going on long before any of us got here and it will continue long after we are gone.

TClark

If nature turned on man we would stand a chance.
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

Devastator

Quote from: Gobble Nole on November 21, 2011, 05:29:03 PM
Welcome to nature fellas.  It appears to me that the buck was potentially wounded or sick, maybe an errant shot with a bow or something to weaken the animal. 
I can tell you this, nature is rough.  You can shoot all the coyotes that can be called in and bated, and this will still happen on a daily basis throughout the country.  No matter what you do, nature will always be there and natural selection will reign, it cannot be stopped.  It isn't easy to watch but it is an important lesson to hunters.  Make good clean kill shots, do a good job tracking if necessary, and recover the animal.  Wounded and weakened animals are easy pray for coyotes, even a mature buck like this.
I can promise that this sort of predator related death has been going on long before any of us got here and it will continue long after we are gone.
then why did pa game commission introduce fishers!!!sorry, we did not need them animals here!!!!what was there purpose?yes nature is rough.but why introduce a killer.