OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which would Primos sell more of POLL???????????

Started by TANK, February 16, 2011, 09:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If Primos would put out 2 different videos.....1 with the same B.S. they have had out, and one with Will hunting in the south in a woods setting with "basic" turkey hunting gear.

Primos Infomercial (B-Mobile. Killer-B, Blinds, etc)
3 (3.8%)
Will hunting like he did in the 1st Truth Videos
75 (96.2%)

Total Members Voted: 77

TANK

I'm voting Will in Mississippi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :fud: :newmascot:

Shotgun

The second one, but wouldn't make half the money.  Sponsers is what pays the bills.

Fox Fire

I'm with Bird on this one, Will primos just gets on my nerves, its the look he gives when hes push'n his wares, almost like he's try'n to play ya for a sucker.

Grown up all the kids traded for whatever since we didnt have a lotta money, fish'n plugs, bicycle parts, bb guns, tonk trucks, you name it, one thing I learned to do was watch the way someone talked to me, ther body language, and facial expresions, the wat they said somethin, when Will starts in with the sales pitch  my donkey senses start to tingle all over.

that be'n said I do have a promos power crystal that I like a lot, also have a few pred. calls they make.

TauntoHawk

the new tactics of blinds and decoys is more camera crew efficient... just doesnt make very exciting video
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

runngun

Yep those sponsors have helped to make him a rich man !!!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

neal

I love those older videos everyone seem to respect what they where doing now it seems as if they take it for granted that there will be birds and its no big suprise when they kill one seems like loss of respect.Jmo.
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

slave601

i love a timber hunt im so sick of blinds bows and fields.
"thinnin the flock"

shootumindaface

Horner

Quote from: slave601 on February 17, 2011, 11:03:47 AM
i love a timber hunt im so sick of blinds bows and fields.

I second that.......They all need to get out of the prime Kansas fields and hit some timber.  I understand why they always hunt with these turkey outfitters, but the need to head back into the brush from time to time.

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: bird on February 16, 2011, 09:25:34 PM
I vote.... Who Cares!   :smiley-char092:

I second that vote!   :icon_thumright:

I have too much to do in real life to worry about their made up turkey hunting world.  I'm not saying the people in the videos aren't good people, just that they don't generally seem to have quite the same odds stacked against them when they hunt.  You want to see some tough hunting? Come to Arkansas and hunt public land.  That would be a video that wouldn't sell... lots of naps, stops at the conveneince store when the birds wouldn't gobble (because they are no longer there)...  Maybe I need to try that squealing hen call...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

beardcollector

I miss the old Primos stuff, I dont like the direction their going now

RutnNStrutn

Yeah, what people complain about here is basically the way the hunting industry has gone since it's commercialization. I'm afraid that hunting is returning to it's medieval roots, the sport of kings, or at least rich people. Here where I live in central Florida, you can't afford to lease good private land unless you come off the wallet to the tune of several thousand dollars. The only thing affordable to the average Joe like me basically sucks and isn't worth leasing. Everywhere the cost of land, the cost of licenses and the cost of hunting clothes and equipment is going thru the roof. Its ridiculous.
As far as hunting celebs go, I like the Primos guys, they seem like down to earth guys, who just so happened to have gotten rich due to their popularity. Its the Realtree guys that bug me. But the all time worst is Chuck Adams. Do any of you remember when he used to write articles back in the early days discouraging the use of camo, saying all you need was appropriately colored flannel shirts and solid pants? He also discouraged the use of scents, calls and anything commercial. Now he's Mr. Commercial Product.
Oh well, guess I can't really rag on them too bad, if given the opportunity to make a ton of money and hunt fantastic places, I'd probably give in too. (and so would you guys!! :lol: )

mossybird

The first vids they made were the stuff! But the sponsors are what keep them going.

Kevin