News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Caliber?

Started by 870BkWht, November 10, 2011, 09:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannonball

Newram05

30-06 model 7600! Love me a pump action rifle!

maustypsu

Woods gun 7mm-08 or 300 savage.

Field gun 25wssm or 257 Roberts.

Or just forget about your restriction and get a 25-06 and never worry about your choice again!!!

sharxfan

I use th AR platform for my hunting guns so I use the 6.8mm SPCII in a 16" barrel and it is MOA at 100 yds if not better. You may want to look at the AR-10 and get a .308. They should shoot at least MOA if you get a decent rifle. There is something to be said for a semi-auto especially hunting hogs.

C J Stahly

I am by no means a rifle hunter.  I own a 223 for shooting groundhogs and coyotes and thats it.  However, I have been "in the market" so to speak for a good larger centerfire fora  while.  I believe, and this is my opinion, I am going with a 30-06 because of its versatility.  The ability to shoot lighter loads, midweight and some pretty hefty ones.  Because I am not a rifle man I intend on have one "hunting rifle" for big game and to me this is the one I would choose. 

Winchester

A .308 is hard to beat for an all around deer cartridge IMO!
I live for the Rut and Strut!

mnbeardbuster

Several favorties: .30-30, .308 & .30-06.

30_06

30-06, and .243 are my favorites.

turkey slayer

MAGGUNS

Gotta love the 7x57 loaded with a 140 grain Sierr@  pro hunter.   :z-guntootsmiley:

sproultrapper

Killed plenty of deer and a few bears with 30.06

Switched to a browning titanium a-bolt chambered in .300wsm.

Perfect gun for carrying around these Pa mountains. I shoot a 180 grain bullet that takes the front shoulder out of a deer or bear rather nicely.

DKA

I have .308 and 7mm 08 and hunt with both. Each set up for different areas. Both are more than adequate & and are extremely accurate.

runngun

I currently shoot a 25-06 and love it. But I want a 7mm08. Years ago my daddy had a Remington model seven in 7mm08. And I saw my daddy's brother shoot that rifle at 100 yards resting it on a 55 gallon drum and a life jacket. He shot one round and hit the bullseye dead center. We then placed a cigarette but in the bullet hole and he shot again. We walked down to look and could not find the hit. Then we looked and it went thru the same hole, not a big deal BUT the paper from the cigarette but was still there only the cotton was gone.
Later I bought one and killed deer from 10 yards to 300 all dead right there. I regret selling it but thats life.

Get the 7mm08

Good Luck and God Bless
  Ray
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

rebelman

cgarner1

.300 mag out of my browning auto