OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Caliber?

Started by 870BkWht, November 10, 2011, 09:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblr77

I've tried a bunch of different ones and always go back to a .270. Just a great all around caliber for the south GA deer I hunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turkeywhisperer

I have a .260 Remington and love it... my close seconds are 7mm-08 and .257 Roberts

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

bowhunter32

.308..... 300 mag......justa couple of my favorites..

Nick_The_Tinkerer

Quote from: NWBama on February 25, 2012, 08:01:03 PM
Have used a 270 all my life. I now use a 7.62X39 CZUSA Mauser action carbine. Single set trigger. It is Great.

is that the cz527 carbine??? how are you with accuracy I heard horror stories on this

Yooper

The old 7mm Mauser is a great cartridge, but you'll have a problem finding ammo for it (unless you do what we do and re-load for it).  The 7mm08 is simply the modern version of the Mauser, and ammo is fairly easy to find.  You can't go wrong with either one; they are both deadly on game and easy on the shoulder.

MCase

If I had just one caliber to hunt most anything in North America with...no doubt it would be 257 Weatherby. With the right bullet.....it does it all.

FttFttVroom!

Been shooting a 7mm Rem Mag since 1999.  Everyone in the family uses .30-06 and .270, so I had to be different, and louder!

Gooserbat

universal 30-06 hands down.
just because it works .270 win (my pet round)
to be different 280 AI or 6.5-284.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.