OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

stoeger m 2000 help

Started by fountain, February 16, 2011, 07:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fountain

What loads/ choke work well in this gun? 

bird

Give it a little bit of time.  There isn't a ton of Stoeger shooters here but I'm sure someone will help you out eventually.  

Gobble!

my buddy used a .655 ( i think) jellyhead and 3" 2oz #6 hevi13 and his pattern at 40 yards was just over 210 pellets in a 10" circle

TScottW99

I use my Stoeger 2000 mostly for waterfowl.  I have killed one turkey with it using the factory turkey choke and Winchester Supreme HV 3" #5 shot.  Patterned very well for me, just do not remember the numbers.

Great gun though, love mine.  Has performed without a hitch for six years now...

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

pullit

IC and Hevi 6' or 7's in mine

devin4484

Killed two last year with mine.  Its got a 24in barrel and the steady grip stock.  It likes a kicks .655 with winchester ammo 5 and 6 in 3."

[attachment deleted by admin]

devin4484

I forgot also had to have it drilled and tapped.  Its poi is off "shoots left" just like my stoeger p-350.

savduck

I have two, one is dead on. The other low and left, I use it for duck hunting. Im running an indian creek 665 and winchester extended range 6s.That IC is TIGHT. I use a red dot on mine after missing the first 3 gobblers I shot at. No misses since the scope was added.

It patterned good with a Kicks 660 and a Rhino 673 as well in that order of best pattern.

The included turkey choke is a killer out to forty with winchester XX 3" lead 4s
Georgia Boy

msgobblergetter

I use my M2000 for lead only... I like my 870 for hevi... I shoot a trulock .660 extended precision hunter choke in my m2000 with win xx 3' 2oz 5's and 6's.  Patterns really well, but i had install a set of magnum gobble dot sights on my gun because it shoots low with factory sites.  My m2000 has a 26" bbl.  Hope this helps.

pullit

Mine has a Steady Grip on it as well, and it shoots dead on.

jdkelly12

I'll let you know after the weekend...

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

reynolds243

I got one last year and love it...i got the one that came with 2 barrels and 2 stocks so i shoot the 24" barrel for turkey with the pistol grip and the field stock and 28" barrel for ducks.

Mine shoots GREAT with JH choke and winchester xtended range #6.  I may try the Hevi 13 mag blend but not sure why as mine is pumping approx 220 beads at 40yds.

shoot straight as well.

Extremesolo

I have tried several different chokes /loads through mine and I got my best results with a truglo SSX (.643) and 3" hevi #6.  I got 196 in 10 at 40 with this combe.  I have not shot a #7 through it but have no doubt it will be impressive as well.

jdkelly12

Quote from: Extremesolo on February 18, 2011, 08:19:29 AM
I have tried several different chokes /loads through mine and I got my best results with a truglo SSX (.643) and 3" hevi #6.  I got 196 in 10 at 40 with this combe.  I have not shot a #7 through it but have no doubt it will be impressive as well.

I also shot the truglo SSX, but did shoot the a 3" HEVI-13 #7. I got 248 in a 9.5" circle at 40 yds. I also, shot the factory turkey choke and got 208 in a 9.5" circle at 40 yds.