OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Got a new Turkey Gun the other day.

Started by Crutch, November 06, 2011, 06:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crutch

Earlier this year with advice from you all I planned to get a new gun. My Rem 1100 has worked well but would only handle 2 3/4 inch shells. I decided to get an 875. The nearest pawn shop took my name incase they got one however the shop closed before I got a phone call.  While on a fishing trip I discussed my options with a friend who suggested a Benelli. I expressed it was probably out of my range, (meaning I couldn't justify it, the purchase was not a problem). During the discussion another friend walked up and said he had a Benelli he would sell me and the first friend said he would buy it on the spot, sight unseen. I expected it was a good deal I just lost but he winked and said we would talk later. I gave it a few months for them to get together but they didn't. I emailed him and he got a price together of 700. I sent it via another friend who broght it back to Tn.
It's a MINT M1 Super 90 12 Gauge. It appears to have fired 1 box of shells, maybe. I got 5 chokes, Full, Improved Mod, Mod, Improved Cyl and a Cyl choke. He also said he would send some old shells with it. To my amazement, I got about 13 boxes of 2 3/4" shells, 2 or 3 boxes of 3 inch shells, 4 boxes 20 gauge, some 25 auto, 30-30 and 357 mag shells plus 5 old paper shells. I usually don't get the good deals like I hear about but I feel pretty blessed on this on. I can't wait for Rabbit and Quail seasion to open, then Spring Turkeys season.  Thanks for letting me shine a little.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

drenalinld

ccleroy

I've got an M1 and a SBE, you didn't go wrong and that price is right. Strong guns you won't be disappointed with.

allaboutshooting

Congratulations on your good fortune. That's a fine gun and you should get a lifetime of enjoyment out of it.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

SKFOOTER

I'm just curious as to what an 875 is??

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Crutch

Quote from: SKFOOTER on November 06, 2011, 08:55:36 PM
I'm just curious as to what an 875 is??

Unless I remember wrong, its Remingtons turkey gun that will handle 3 and 3.5 inch shells in the super mag model. Fairly cheap but very reliable.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Crutch

Correct, just got around to checking my numbers.

SumToy

Good gun you will like it.  Now get you a bunch of shells and a choke or two and have fun.  :z-guntootsmiley:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

gob09

WOW, sounds like you got one heck of a deal congrats.

SKFOOTER

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

spur collector

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase