OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Thought I'd do a little venting

Started by TurkeyAssassin, November 05, 2011, 09:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurkeyAssassin

Don't you just love when it is almost time for the deer to start moving and some SOB has to start riding his 4 wheeler around the field your hunting?  Talking about ticking me off, went over there yesterday and seen a real nice buck and was hoping to get him today but that happened
Owner of FC Photography
www.facebook.com/FC.Photography01

Tail Feathers

And it's suually the guy who has no muffler... :character0029:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TurkeyAssassin

yup the guy with no muffler and a squeaky a double s suspension
Owner of FC Photography

lohaus

That happened tonight to me.  I barely sat down in my climber, went to screw my bow holder in, and a 8 pointer walks by.  Then, the 4 wheeler fires up.  Guns it through the woods, had 2 kids on the back of it screaming, dog chasing and barking.  I watched them go by 5 times in their circle.  They didn't know I was there.  They were having a good time.  So I stuck it out and another 3 deer were within 70 yards at dark.  I figured what the heck.  Good hunt either way.

handcannon

Either that or when your sitting in your stand waaay before day light and some guy that woke up late cause he sat up all night drinking decides it's time to haul but to his stand.

redarrow

Sounds like my 9 days of "TRYING" to bear hunt. >:(

HogBiologist

About 9 am yesterday morning some douch bag and his lady were walking in on my wife and I on PUBLIC land.  Sounded like they had some climbing sticks and were going to put up a stand.  I finally whistled at them and it looked like they angerily left.  What a good way to get shot.  What idiot scouts in the AM on PUBLIC land.  Wait until lunch.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

TurkeyAssassin

Funny thing about this was I was in a blind wearing orange and the guy looks right at me and continues to ride. And to top it off he wasn't even wearing orange, thats one good way to get shot
Owner of FC Photography

TurkeyAssassin

And now to top it off i offically hate the walmart special scopes... The mounts won't stay tightened which caused me to miss a doe:/  Was really excited about putting some meat in the freezer ):
Owner of FC Photography

lightsoutcalls

A couple of years ago I had a ladder stand setup on public land.  I climbed up in it one morning and noticed trail tacks on trees  in front of me that weren't there when I set up my stand a few days before.  About an hour after I got in my stand, a guy parks his truck out on the road not 100 feet from my truck.  He gets out and starts to head into the woods in the line of the trail tacks.  I shined my green LED flashlight directly at him.  He stopped, then kept coming in.  When he was about 30 yards away, just loud enough for him to hear me, I said, HELLO...  He starts in with "I was just going to my stand."  My response was "what, right through my setup?"  He said "well my stand is over there (down the line of trail tacks)."  My reply was "Really?"  He stood there for a few more seconds, apparently trying to decide if it was worth walking directly in front of my stand to get to his setup further into the woods.  He finally turned around and headed back to his truck.  Do you think I saw any deer that morning?  NOPE!  I pulled my stand out and moved it to private land about an hour away from the house. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

TurkeyAssassin

Where I was hunting was private land lol. I aint been back over there since then.  May try it tomorrow.
Owner of FC Photography

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Old Gobbler

My sympathies to you

There is so many of us here that have been bent over like that by some inconsiderate slob , we could have a group therapy session right here every night

I love the guys that decide to drive around on every road in the woods at 700 am on opening morning spring turkey season -

My worst experience was about 15 years ago opening morning spring turkey when a slob hunter on 400hp airboat jumped the levee at full throttle and rode 1/4 mile onto our area shooting at a flock of turkeys that were flying in the air , that guy actually rolled a few hens in mid air , all while doing about 30 miles per hour through a dry cow pasture - what a slob poacher !!! 

to this day whenever I hear a airboat start up I think of that azz 

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

MarkJM

I love it when you hang stands on your own property and go to hunt them the next morning only to find out they were stolen. yup, its happened to me more than once. I caught one guy taking one on my trail cam.
MuellerCustomCalls

Tail Feathers

We often use "box blinds" here in E. TX to hunt from.  Most all land is private and leased so you have to pick you spots and stick to them.
I put locks on mine to keep "visitors" from checking them out.  Happens too often otherwise. >:(
Love to hunt the King of Spring!