OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Video cameras

Started by Tom Dooley, February 16, 2011, 06:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Dooley

Can anyone recommend a small hands free video camera to film turkey hunts?
Thanks

rev

Look at GoPro`s website, got one for my dirt bike, 1080hd, They have many mounts, I got a handle bar mount, looks like it will mount right to my barrel

hookedspur

Quote from: rev on February 16, 2011, 08:31:29 PM
Look at GoPro`s website, got one for my dirt bike, 1080hd, They have many mounts, I got a handle bar mount, looks like it will mount right to my barrel
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Preacher

Thanks for the post , looking into it my self.
Romans 8:37

Skeeterbait

I would suggest you verify if their device will survive heavy recoil before you mount it to your barrel.

Tom Dooley

Thanks for the replys. Has anyone tried the Midland XTC-150 or the POV MAC-10?

gophert

Canon and Sony makes very good HD cameras.  It all depends on how good a quality video you want. Keep in mind, the smaller the camera (more portable) the worse the video will be.  You will also lose things like auto focus and a good zoom.  Sound will also be an issue.  If you just want to capture the moment, the smaller cameras will be fine.  For good video a tripod is a MUST.  I would suggest buy some used camera off ebay and practice.

Here is what goes with me. Canon HD camera and Rode Video Mic

bornagain64

I have one of the Kodak PlaySport Xx3 action camera. Looks like a cell phone. I am still playing with it an learning, great picture quality, 1080p.  I am us it for scouting to practice and get used to it, not really sure how good the sound will be. It is water proof to 10 feet. 
I am looking forward to filming some hunts this year.

misfire

Quote from: Tom Dooley on February 16, 2011, 08:49:52 PM
Thanks for the replys. Has anyone tried the Midland XTC-150 or the POV MAC-10?

I looked briefly at the XTC, then read the comments and wasnt impressed enough to go further
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Cove

I just got a Sony HDR CX 110, its a fair priced HD camera. I read alot of the reviews and folks seemed impressed with it so I'm giving it a try. I was able to get out and video a few hens and jakes last weekend and it functioned well for me. Its very small and seems to be relatively easy to navigate through.. . . time will tell.

TRKYHTR

This is the camera I use. It is a Sony DCR VX 2100. I have had Cannons and Sony's and the Sony has much better low light capabilities. Hope you find something that suites you.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

gophert

Quote from: TRKYHTR on February 17, 2011, 07:29:33 PM
This is the camera I use. It is a Sony DCR VX 2100. I have had Cannons and Sony's and the Sony has much better low light capabilities. Hope you find something that suites you.

TRKYHTR

Nice set-up!  I'm assuming that records on some sort of tape.  How do you get the video to your computer?  USB? Firewire?    I would love to move to a camera that has a focus ring for the manual focus.  You really have to pay attention to what you are doing while on auto focus cause you'll get the video back and be focused on the leaf in front of you.  Right now I control the manual focus with the remote and it works ok. Do you have any youtube links so I could check out the quality of video?  Thx! 

TRKYHTR

Yep. Go to TRKYHTR1.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck