OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

States that have...

Started by wisconsinteacher, February 16, 2011, 06:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsinteacher

Spring turkey hunting, ice fishing, and some kind of big game bowhunting?   My wife and I are looking at moving out of state due to personal and professional choices.  I don't want to get into that but we are looking for teaching jobs and the other things mentioned in the post.  So where should we look?

bird

Bonjour

Muskie03

Ummmm. Minnesota has bow hunting for deer moose elk bear and turkeys and the best ice fishing.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Mailman

Dont come to Iowa. No turkeys, No deer, No fish! Heck we dont have schools either. :TooFunny:
One Shot One Kill

mnturkey

Minnesota does have all that, but you would have to get rid of all that green and gold.
MT also has all that, ND has all that,  MI also has all that.
ID also has all that.
SEMPER FI

hookedspur

Quote from: Mailman on February 17, 2011, 09:45:45 AM
Dont come to Iowa. No turkeys, No deer, No fish! Heck we dont have schools either. :TooFunny:
:TooFunny:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

sodfather

Dont come to N.Y my wife has her masters degree and has been looking for a teaching job for many years now. The best she can do is a long turm sub job, nothing permanent. She worked in the city schools for a couple years but those kids drove her nuts an had to get out of that environment. Good luck with your search.

sugarray

WV has good hunting; deer, bear, turkey.  No ice fishing.  Teachers salaries and not very good though.  I have a friend in Delaware that is paid well as a teacher, and now has moved to asst. principal with a masters.  MD has same as WV, but better teacher pay.

shootumindaface

Michigan, but good luck finding a job.. Unless you can get one at the un employment office LOL

My buddy from here ending up going to WY for a teaching job.. Had three interviews and was offered a job at all three. I dont know about Ice fishing, but the hunting where he lives is second to none.. Most beautiful place I have ever been..

wisconsinteacher

Right now, I am looking at the east side of SD or someplace in IA.  It would be hard to move from Northwest WI but if it means having a job I like, it is worth it.  My wife and I need to really start looking and getting ready to move.