OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester SXP 3 1/2" is coming!

Started by gatrkyhntr70, October 29, 2011, 12:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrkyhntr70

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

gobbler74

Oh boy,  G70's got something to get ready before spring.  :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobbler74

Why is it when gun model descriptions say "TURKEY" they cost more? Is it because they say "turkey" therefore have been give special turkey killing abilities?  For once I'd like to see a new turkey model gun cost less than the standard or even the waterfowl package.   ;)
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: gobbler74 on October 31, 2011, 09:27:52 AM
Why is it when gun model descriptions say "TURKEY" they cost more? Is it because they say "turkey" therefore have been give special turkey killing abilities?  For once I'd like to see a new turkey model gun cost less than the standard or even the waterfowl package.   ;)
I hear ya; Like its extra special or something. :agreed:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

gobbler74

Just because it has a $5 set of plastic tru glo sights on it shouldnt jack up the price...And that difference should be off set with 2" less barrel...IF you were considering overal materials and such... ;D  Now if they were pro gobble dots...which should be standard open sights IMO then we'd have something.

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: gobbler74 on October 31, 2011, 02:07:04 PM
Just because it has a $5 set of plastic tru glo sights on it shouldnt jack up the price...And that difference should be off set with 2" less barrel...IF you were considering overal materials and such... ;D  Now if they were pro gobble dots...which should be standard open sights IMO then we'd have something.

I think you need to give them a call on my behalf :icon_thumright:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

gobbler74

If that was the msrp that gun should come in around 500 off the rack. Wins are pretty light to boot. Ive got one of the older 1300's. I bet thats a nice new turkey rig to set up.   

surehuntsalot

got my fingers crossed,sure hope they make one in 20ga :happy0064: :happy0064: :happy0064:
talking about a turkey getter :z-winnersmiley:
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Old Gobbler

Its a good business move on Winchesters part - About time they made a 3.5 chambered pump- It looks as if Winchester has included a "T" Invector choke tube with the turkey model   

only 6 &5/8 pounds !

I am certain that if these popular models sell well , Winchester will take a close look at other gauges , 20 and .410 models would round up the product line very nicely if they got around to it -   
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Spring Creek Calls

My go to gun is a 1300 and it kicks hard enough with turkey loads and slugs. I'll leave the 3.5 " guns to you young fellers!

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

gobbler74

Not that its needed but would like to see win develop a new model stock..similar to tactical, shurshot get inventive with some options and get themselves back in the game of turkey rigs.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: gobbler74 on November 11, 2011, 05:54:37 PM
Not that its needed but would like to see win develop a new model stock..similar to tactical, shurshot get inventive with some options and get themselves back in the game of turkey rigs.

The AKITA adjustable hunting stock from ATI works very well on those guns. They also make a tactical stock for it if you prefer that.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Old Gobbler

I had the opportunity to check out the 3 inch SXP today and was impressed with the quality of the firearm - The forearm was rattle free and to me  pointed identical to the SX3- All the machining and furniture to the firearm was of a higher quality than some rival makes of pumps , many of I own allready-

If I were in the market for a new pump gun , I think I would purchase a SXP without hesitation especially at $449 with a dip job at bass pro -
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon