News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Where your tax dollars are going...

Started by lightsoutcalls, October 26, 2011, 01:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bird

Quote from: Struttinhusker on October 27, 2011, 02:33:29 PM

I see that analogy a different way.  I think I am like a patron who walks into a place that advertises itself as a chicken place and then is forced to listen to a bunch of other patrons who see it as their job to let the rest of us know all about their political and/or religious beliefs.  That doesn't happen in the places I frequent, and if it did day after day, week after week, it would be they, not I, who would be told they weren't welcome.

Actually I prefer to think of ourselves as Free Americans who are tired of the direction that this country is heading.  Republican or Democrate does not matter to me as they are all the same in my book.  Politicians are elected to represent the people and the majority of People are sick and tired of the status quo being fed to us day after day.  No more doing business as usual. You waste my hard earned tax dollars then you will answer to the public for your actions.

Now if an individual doesn't like the way the majority of the members think or feel on this site then there is a very easy solution as nobody is holding anyone hostage here.  Don't log on and you won't have worry about someone posting something that may upset your way of thinking.  Gosh what a novel idea, huh!

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: Struttinhusker on October 27, 2011, 04:29:18 PM
I've thought about ignoring the political posts on this site, but I admit I'm weak and cannot turn away.  It's like trying not to watch some natural or man-made disaster unfold - it's human nature.

Now THAT I completely agree with!   :icon_thumright:

Now to go back and address your other post...  :)

I'll be the first to say that misuse of money taken from the American people is wrong regardless of who was in office.  When pointed out and factually supported, I'll be glad to agree with that fact.  I have issues with money being sent to foreign countries to aid those who would just as soon blow us up as smile when they take the money.  We have plenty of financial needs at home that we don't need to be sending money elsewhere. 

Speaking only for myself, I don't hate the man, but I cannot blindly accept what he is doing as being beneficial to this nation.  I do believe he has intentionally deepened racial divides as well as socio-economic divides and do believe this is all part of his grand scheme of things for America.  He proudly proclaimed prior to his inauguration "We are 5 days away from fundementally changing America."  I do think he knew full well what he had in mind when he said that and recognized that he had duped many unknowing Americans into a mindless stupor with talking points and bumper sticker rhetoric.  The man is no fool to be sure.  He is very intentional and calculating. 

As for Dinesh D'souza, I have read some of his writings and have heard multiple interviews with him.  I have yet to disagree with the basis of his theology and have no reason as yet to question his intent.  That said, I completely understand someone with a differing viewpoint not accepting his credibility.  It's not uncommon for someone with a differing viewpoint to attempt to discredit a person's credibility or accomplishments.  I'm not pointing fingers by saying that, and will use the republican primaries as a perfect example... and they're all supposed to be on the same team.

I guess you kinda lost me on the chicken place analogy. This portion of the overall forum is called the general forum.  I understand that to be a place where members can share information, tell jokes, brag about their kids, tell fish stories, etc.  I see the general forum as more of a buffet than a chicken place.  If you want a salad, don't stop at the desert bar.  (I know, I know, it's like a natural disaster, I agree, I'm the same way.)  If you want a steak, don't stand in front of the green beans expecting them to turn into a steak.  That said, if you're looking for steak, I would say it's likely you'll find it somewhere on the buffet.  If you want a salad, that's probably available too. 

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Struttinhusker

Old Gobbler used the chicken vs. hamburger joint analogy in his post that ended the infamous KGB video thread, but it has been removed.

bird

Quote from: Struttinhusker on October 27, 2011, 05:22:47 PM
Old Gobbler used the chicken vs. hamburger joint analogy in his post that ended the infamous KGB video thread, but it has been removed.

We all know who used the chicken vs hamburger analogy originally and obviously you did not grasp the meaning from that analogy which is why we will go ahead explain the message in a more clearer manner for you.

If you do not like the way the majority of the members think here on OG then don't log on and you won't become so upset with what we have to say and share with one another.  It doesn't get much more clearer than that does it!

For someone that has less than 40 post here on the site and the vast majority of those post happen to revolve around politics you sure seem to be here for reasons other than to talk turkey. 

bird

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Struttinhusker on October 27, 2011, 05:22:47 PM
The Chick-fil-a mention is my very polite way of saying you are but a  handful of liberal minded members on this site - surrounded overwhelmingly by conservative types 

Again ....  good luck to anyone finding a left leaning hunting or gun site , a persons chances of finding a site like that are about as good as the Miami Dolphins making the Super Bowl this season -

When you go into a voting station you can vote forever you deem fit ,it is your God givin American duty to vote for who you want- but trying to sway or campaign the minds  of the rest of a gun /hunting  site is a annoying nuisance -- Liberal minded postings on a gun/hunting site are interpreted not to voice a opinion but obviously to cause a disturbance here and test the resolve of the administration - do what the other democrats do on Gun/hunting sites and stay well clear of political threads

We are nice but we can spot a trouble maker about 2 times farther than we can hear a gobble on a early spring morning -Keep away from the political threads from now on -

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon