Main Menu

What if any Emergency items do you take with you

Started by mossy835, February 16, 2011, 03:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLE RASPY

TOILET PAPER

:newmascot:

C_W

Skeeterbait... a 45?  :o Are you hunting turkeys in the geto?

I didn't start taking a first aid kit along until the little guy started coming with. A little cut can produce a lot of tears and if you want to hunt, you best be ready to take care of it. Other than that just the normal basics.

CW

Skeeterbait

Quote from: C_W on February 16, 2011, 10:44:46 PM
Skeeterbait... a 45?  :o Are you hunting turkeys in the geto?

Two legged varmits in them woods sometimes.  A hideout is never a bad idea.  Costs you nothing but a little added weight.

CASH

Quote from: sugarray on February 16, 2011, 08:24:12 PM
Quote from: CASH on February 16, 2011, 04:09:47 PM
Quote from: sugarray on February 16, 2011, 03:52:26 PM
I am a little scared, so I don't wander too far.  I keep myself in my comfort zone and don't get too far away.  But, on our SD hunt the only thing extra I hope to take is some pain meds I can use, being a doc, in case of a broken leg or something.

Scared of what?  Deer blood?  :TooFunny:Sorry, couldn't resist.

I carry a snakebite kit, a small first aid kit, and a small survival kit.  JIC

Well, when I was a kid, I got lost.  So that has really stuck with me, so when I'm in the woods, I am very cautious.  What is the snake bite kit for?  Really, if a snake bites you, you can't suck the venom out, it is like getting a shot, once it's in there, no way to get it back.

Whether it works or not, I carry it for piece of mind.  I'm scared poopless of snakes.  You'll never see me in the woods without snakeboots on to.  I have no concrete proof that they work, but I wear 'em.  I take that back, Flydown got struck last year and his worked.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Solid Snake

Quote from: Jay on February 16, 2011, 04:48:15 PM
On advice of my family I got my first cell phone beginning of last season to carry in the woods. Only problem they didn't tell me is I won't get servive most of the time, when I'd need it.

Yeah, service can be spotty in the woods sometimes. I like having a phone in the woods - if you really get bored you can see what's on facebook or send a friend who's working a text letting him know how nice the woods are that morning lol

wait did you say you got your first cell phone last year!?

CB on the run

Old Gobbler

A magnum caliber pistol - carry it on me everywhere....
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

ghillie

My phone...it's got everything..
I also carry my .45 (everywhere) just in case that yote sneaks up on me again...
superglue...for those unexpected cuts
Tylenol....cuz I don't have grandpa to give me an a$$burn when I have a headache... :begging:

bornagain64

Ussually not to far from a road, within a mile or so.
I always have a cell phone and gps.
My emergency preparedness is  too let someone know where I am going and when I will be home.