turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Barnes TMZ on a WT doe....

Started by Reloader, October 24, 2011, 01:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reloader

Early MLer opened Saturday and I had some action about 10mins after 1st light.  A spike came out at 7:05, then 4 single does a few mins later.  I picked out about a 100lb 1.5yo doe at 75yds and filled the shooting lane with smoke :D

TC Omega with 250grn TMZ over 110g BH209 lit by CCI 209M.  75yds, lung impact, and approx 30yd trail.

Absolutely amazing blood spray at impact, chunks of lungs hanging on grass for several feet.

Impact:

Blood trail:

Exit wound:

Ya'll have a good one,
Reloader

redarrow

Even I could follow that blood trail. Come to think of it so could Ray Charles.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mossy835

Those old smoke poles kept our forfathers alive, well done.

Reloader

Quote from: slickyboyboo on October 24, 2011, 04:14:03 PM
Ronny, You put the SMACKDOWN on her!!

The ole finger was itching after the slow bow season.  Now I can relax :D

Of course, the 257Wby needs some action too.  Prob have to give in if another single nan gives an op on the rifle opener this weekend.  Then, off to TX to chase the big boys.

nctrkyhntr

strutstopper

Thats the same bullet,powder, and primer I shoot. Very good combo...

CB on the run

I'm shooting a Barnes T-EZ 250 gr over 110 grains of Triple 7.  I had to send the 1st pack of Barnes hollow points(don't know which model) back as they would not go down the bore of my TC Triumph.  The TEZ's that barnes sent back(great customer service) are printing 3" @ 200 yards.  I switched after experiencing a failure with a Hornady on the last day of ML season last year.  I recovered the deer but was not impressed in the least with how the bullet acted.  I was warned by a forum member about the failures of the Hornady bullets.
  Nice harvest!  Looking forward to shooting mine at something more than paper.

CB

Reloader

Quote from: CB on the run on October 25, 2011, 07:48:53 AM
  I'm shooting a Barnes T-EZ 250 gr over 110 grains of Triple 7.  I had to send the 1st pack of Barnes hollow points(don't know which model) back as they would not go down the bore of my TC Triumph.  The TEZ's that barnes sent back(great customer service) are printing 3" @ 200 yards.  I switched after experiencing a failure with a Hornady on the last day of ML season last year.  I recovered the deer but was not impressed in the least with how the bullet acted.  I was warned by a forum member about the failures of the Hornady bullets.
  Nice harvest!  Looking forward to shooting mine at something more than paper.

CB

I killed some really nice bucks with the Hdys and never had an issue with them for years.  Then I had one blow to pieces on a shoulder impact, so I switched over to the Bonded SWs. The BSWs did really well, but these TMZs are even more impressive.  The TMZ is also by far the flatest shooting MLer sabot I've found.