turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cabelas Gobbler Lounger?

Started by NYbassman, February 16, 2011, 10:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYbassman

Anybody using one of these? I am thinking of buying one for my dad, he has trouble sometimes staying comfortable on the ground and I was thinking one of these might be the solution. If you could share your experiences with them that would be great.

Thanks,

StruttinGobbler3

I was looking at one of these myself...cabelas has them on sale for $19.99 I just wonder how well they hold up with use.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

bird

Best chair you can get for the money.  You won't or he won't be disappointed.  Beware of the Sand Man though!

papabuzzard

I bought one when they first hit the market.  I love it !!  You sit close to the ground but not on the ground.  Folds up so you can sling it over your shoulder while on the move.  The comfort allows you to sit longer.  I highly recommend it !!   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

neal

There no good........ I get way to much sleep in them.. wonder how many turkeys have walked by me?  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Best chair for the $$$$
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

CASH

Quote from: bird on February 16, 2011, 10:26:21 AM
Best chair you can get for the money.  You won't or he won't be disappointed.  Beware of the Sand Man though!
:smiley-char092:
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Jay

I've sat in mine all day field hunting, bad back and all. They are awsome. :icon_thumright:

pullit

I got one as well. Everyone that has sat in it has bought one.
I think I sould be getting commission.

turkey slayer

I just got mine a few weeks ago it is fancy!

mnturkey

I use a lawn chair the I bought at Target and camoed on my own works great

SEMPER FI

Gamblinman

I think the Gobbler Loungers are nice, but I've been using an Everest San Angelo Camo recliner for several years. I chose it over the Gobbler Lounger because it has a wider base, keeping it from sinking in to the ground, and it's infinitely adjustable for uneven ground, front leg support, and back tilt. It's rated for 250 lbs, but I'm a big man, and weigh over 300 and the recliner has held up to all the abuse I could give it. Another plus is when its folded up, I can slide it in between my game bag and seat pad on my turkey vest, leaving my hands free.

http://www.integrityoutdoorbrands.com/product/everest-recliner.htm

The price here is $50.00, but I've seen them for less at Amazon and Dicks Sporting Goods.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

hookedspur

I had to order a new one my son likes my old to well.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

chatterbox

I love mine. Both myself and my son have one. Very comfortable.
The best part is your legs don't fall asleep from sitting on the ground.
The bad part is the rest of you does........... :TooFunny: :TooFunny: 

kershawbuck

Gamblinman
I just ordered mine ! Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!

Big Timber

I bought one last summer and used it this past deer season, it is very comfortable and looking forward to using it this spring.  :icon_thumright: