OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

47 lb. coyote UPDATE

Started by Ol'Mossy, October 09, 2011, 08:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol'Mossy

A friend of mine sent me this pic of a coyote that his farmer BIL saw walking through the field with his cows yesterday evening, looks like he picked the wrong menu:

Hognutz

Now that is a big coyote. Yowsa!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Basser69

That is one big azz yote!

nctrkyhntr

VAHUNTER

Good things come to those who wait

muddy

That is a big yote but it appears to be made larger by holdng a cell phone camera up and taking the picture close up.  I doubt it's 47 pounds, but it is a big male for sure.

ChiefBubba

That's pretty impressive for sure, Chief.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

MarkJM

MuellerCustomCalls

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: muddy on October 10, 2011, 04:35:48 PM
That is a big yote but it appears to be made larger by holdng a cell phone camera up and taking the picture close up.  I doubt it's 47 pounds, but it is a big male for sure.

I don't doubt it's 47 lbs. for a second. Read the first paragraph of the following link and you will have a better understanding of why eastern coyotes are typically twice the size of their western cousins,

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Wildlife/Wildlife_profiles/profile_eastern_coyote.htm

longspur

they hunt different and will take larger animals compaired to ther size than the western ones

VAHUNTER

Quote from: TalksToTurkeys on October 11, 2011, 01:43:28 PM
Quote from: muddy on October 10, 2011, 04:35:48 PM

I don't doubt it's 47 lbs. for a second. Read the first paragraph of the following link and you will have a better understanding of why eastern coyotes are typically twice the size of their western cousins,

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Wildlife/Wildlife_profiles/profile_eastern_coyote.htm
I agree. i shot one last deer season that weighed 56lb. they are as solid as a rock!! all muscle. that is one animal that is very tricky to guess the weight.
Good things come to those who wait

muddy

If it's 47 pounds then it's a really big and way to go to the hunter,  I just don't see it being that big.

longspur

Quote from: muddy on October 12, 2011, 10:50:52 PM
If it's 47 pounds then it's a really big and way to go to the hunter,  I just don't see it being that big.
I agree that there is nothing in the pic to give away its size and you could make a rabbit look that big, but I have no reason to doubt its that big.