OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mock Scrape Pic

Started by Kylongspur88, October 08, 2011, 03:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

Went and got my cam I had set up on a mock scrape I made. This guy was the best one to show up. Only got this pic. My batteries died around Sept 22+/- so who knows what else showed up after that. The limb is chewed pretty good no so deer have been hitting it. This one does not look old at all, but I would be more than happy to send a spitfire through him.

Basser69

that's a beast right there !!! Now lets see him on the ground...... Good luck with him

hookedspur

Quote from: Basser69 on October 08, 2011, 03:20:53 PM
that's a beast right there !!! Now lets see him on the ground...... Good luck with him
:agreed: :icon_thumright: :anim_25:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

jde

Did you hang a dripper there?

Kylongspur88

Quote from: jde on October 17, 2011, 09:54:55 PM
Did you hang a dripper there?
No dripper. Just cleared a spot and put out some left over doe pee from last year. A doe hit it that night leaving scent on the branch. After that deer hit it about every day. The branch doesn't have any leaves on it now where they have been hitting it. On Saturday I kicked out a bare spot under a branch at the edge of a field where there is a feeder and a cam and took a leak in it, "back turned to the cam of course" :). The cam at the feeder caught bucks hitting it on Sunday. I think I'll save my money on the mock scrape stuff and stick to the coffee.. (Folgers country roast, I drink it black)

flintlock

That is cool, good luck hunting.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

LX_Trkyhntr

I need to make a scrape or two and try it out myself!
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

lightsoutcalls

I added a couple of mock scrapes along a logging road that had about 8-10 on it already.  I used the buck bomb young buck scent on each of the existing ones as well as the fake ones I made.  It rained the next night, so I don't know if any of the scent was still there the next AM.  I hope to see what comes through this weekend...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!