turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi-Shot question

Started by Mossy517, February 16, 2011, 08:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy517

I am asking this question, after reading the post about BassPro selling Hevishot #7's that are a lighter load than pro shops.

I am looking to try:
12 GAUGE
3-1/2"
5,6,7 SHOT
2-1/4 OZ LOAD

I have a few gift cards I would like to burn up at BP and was going to try Hevi this year.
I just wat to make sure that what I get there will be as good as anywhere else.

I will be shooting this load out of a Mossy835 with a Star-dot choke. Hoping for good results.
Comments are welcome...LOL
HuntingPA... Lacaster, York, Perry and Centre counties

HogBiologist

Certified Wildlife Biologist

goblr77

Mossy517

Quote from: goblr77 on February 16, 2011, 10:14:07 AM
Quote from: LaBiologist on February 16, 2011, 08:56:37 AM
just order from cabelas.

???They might be BPS gift cards.

They are, Thus the reason for buying them there. If yall dont think that they will be the same shell, i will go somewhere else. Im sure there is osmething else I can find to spend $$ on at BPS

ILIKEHEVI-13

Get rid of the Star Dot choke and send it to me.  I will send you a better choke.  Ok that is a lie.   :lol:

sugarray

The shells are the SAME every where.  It just depends on what that particular store has purchased.  You know you want the MagBlend in a 3.5", 2 1/4 oz load.  Just look at the box and make sure that is what you want.

HogBiologist

Quote from: goblr77 on February 16, 2011, 10:14:07 AM

???They might be BPS gift cards.
[/quote]

Sorry let me rephrase.  CHeck to see if BPS has the shells.  And according to the website they do.  If he wants to try them and he has gift cards, I say give em a shot.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

Gobble!

I think that other thread confused you. The magnum blends only come in two sizes. 3" and 3.5" and they are the same every where. Just buy the 3.5" shells and your fine they are 2.25oz. Bass pro does sell them.
http://www.basspro.com/HEVIShot-HEVI13-Magnum-Blend-Turkey-Load-Shotshells/product/10211133/-1711349

In the other thread the store was not carrying the best shells. Those shells are more expensive and have a hevier payload.
They were carrying the cheaper shells that are totally different. Hevi 13 makes different size loads in their shells. Just make sure your either buying the 3.5" 2.25oz shells or the 3" 2oz shells and your fine they are the same every where.

Mossy517

Thanks a lot fellas, I re-read the other post, now that I read your responses. I guess I got alittle gun shy when I started reading the first time.

I will not be getting rid of the star-dot, I almost made that mistake once before. That what brought me to this site last year. I did not know what I had.....Nice try though...lol

hookedspur

Get them where you find them the closer to season we get you mght not find them anywhere.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Gobble!

Quote from: CamoMan4025 on February 16, 2011, 07:30:41 PM
I got some of those MagBlends last year for my 870 in the 3.5" and they shot pretty well, in the 240-250 range.  I see BPS advertised you would get 294 @ 40 yards.........I'm not so sure about those numbers.

Kevin

im yet to see someone get 280 if think there was a low 270 pattern on here