turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

hog tracks!!!!

Started by socalturkeyman, February 16, 2011, 02:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalturkeyman

Im pretty sure these are hog tracks,but let me know what you guys think. I had a guy try and tell me they were deer tracks. But look at how the two toes(if thats what they are called) how they are really spread apart. Thanks guys.

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

HogBiologist

looks kinda like hogs. i would need to see more tracks.  The toes on hogs are a little more rounded than deer.  deer ar a tad pointier.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

Skeeterbait

Looks like deer to me.  hog hooves are much more blunted

harvester

Quote from: Skeeterbait on February 16, 2011, 08:34:15 AM
Looks like deer to me.  hog hooves are much more blunted

I have to agree with Skeeterbait.

EMSDJ2

X3 I think that's a deer!

HogBiologist

well, I would have to see more tracks, but it is early in the morning.  I'll concide it is deer tracks
Certified Wildlife Biologist

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

vicksburg

i agree...definately deer.  Hog tracks are rounded.
]

StruttinGobbler3

As others said, that is definitely a deer. Judging from the dew claw marks and the splayed toes, probably a buck. Either that or possibly a large doe if that track was in very soft or muddy ground. We are infested with hogs now in Georgia. A hog track has a rectangular or almost square shape, with blunt rounded off hooves.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

redarrow

socalturkeyman

In this area there were never pigs before,and some indains released some on indian land that got out into our lands. Now from what Ive been told the only had pure russian hogs that were domesticated. So when I looked up this type of track thats what I saw. But thanks guys your probably right in this case. since I did only see that pair.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

stinkpickle

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 16, 2011, 10:06:52 AM
As others said, that is definitely a deer. Judging from the dew claw marks and the splayed toes, probably a buck. Either that or possibly a large doe if that track was in very soft or muddy ground...

This

Gold Spur

I agree, those are deer tracks.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

gatrapper

Deer tracks, but I have seen some hogs that we have killed that have left prints that look very similar to deer tracks.  Seems like the terrain has a lot to do with how their hoofs look like here.
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

njdevilsb

I agree on deer as well.