OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Health and fitness

Started by 4nwtf, February 15, 2011, 11:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

I'm on a special diet.  IITGEI.  If It Tastes Good, Eat It.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

CB on the run

See food diet for me.  If I see it, it gets eaten.

CB

Kylongspur88

I run 3-4 times a week More for my sanity than anything. Going to do a 5k in about a month. I don't like health food. I don't drink soda, I do drink a lot of green tea which is good for you.

guesswho

I've worked out about four times a week since I was in school.  It's just a part of my routine now.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

flintlock

I also work out a few times a week.  I eat healthy and "try" to avoid most of the junk food.  I said most.  :)

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

gatrapper

I heard drinking a lot of tea is bad for you because it can lead to kidney stones. 
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Horner

I just started doing P90X two Mondays ago.....  I use to wrestle when I was in high school, so I had to cut weight back then.

When I went and did the college thing I started packing on weight.  Then I got a job and cut a bunch back off.  Then I got married, got a crew leader position at work and I shot back up..........  A few weeks ago I got sick of looking at my man boobs and my double chin.

Thought to myself I am going to do something about this and made the call, and ordered the P90X stuff.

It has been hard, but I am really wanting to live past 60 so I am going for it.

guesswho

Quote from: gatrapper on February 16, 2011, 03:08:04 PM
I heard drinking a lot of tea is bad for you because it can lead to kidney stones. 
You don't want Kidney Stones.  I've had them three times now.  Last year required surgery, and they don't make an incision :o
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

hobbes

Horner,
I'm on the beginning of my 3rd week.   I borrowed the discs from someone and they are missing the core strength disc, so I've been substituting something else.  I like it, so I may buy it to have my own copy.  So far I've been good about hitting play every night and doing the routine.  I'm trying to stay with it and not get in the habit of skipping.  
Good Luck!

Horner

Quote from: hobbes on February 16, 2011, 03:26:51 PM
Horner,
I'm on the beginning of my 3rd week.   I borrowed the discs from someone and they are missing the core strength disc, so I've been substituting something else.  I like it, so I may buy it to have my own copy.  So far I've been good about hitting play every night and doing the routine.  I'm trying to stay with it and not get in the habit of skipping.  
Good Luck!

That is great, maybe we can keep at each other............I have not missed yet, I have committed to 90 days so I am going to do everything I can do to stick with it.

Best of luck to you also.......Maybe when we are done we can get together and climb a small mountain.  That is kind of like what it feels like I'm doing now.

hobbes

Small mountain  ;D  Nothing but big mountains in my neck of the woods.  Two 14'ers staring back at me everyday of the week.  I've never been up either of them.  I always thought my first 14'er would be the one that you can drive within about 100' of the top.  ;D

Preacher

I am slowly working at getting back in shape,   a lot of studies done on how it helps you cope with stress.
Romans 8:37

camp man

I try to work out three times a week. I get it in most weeks..... WOrking my legs more trying to get ready for the "gobbler death marches".......

hookedspur

I walk 3 mi about every day.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

TnTurk

I work out but only sparingly during football and basketball seasons due to limited time and late nights. It's a shame because what I gain is lost when football rolls around every year. When I stopped early last fall I was benching over 300 lbs. Not bad for a 43 year old, huh