Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How are the Turkeys acting in your area???????

Started by TANK, February 15, 2011, 10:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

Southeast Louisiana.......I seen 4 gogglers strutting Monday morning with about 15 hens. This evening I seen 8 hens, 2 jakes, and 1 longbeard. They was feeding along behind the hens. I know a few guys that have been hearing a few gobbling.

knightrider

scared very scared they know im not far away :fud: :gobble: but on the serious note their not doing much yet here in east tn

northms

Not doing too much yet here in north MS. Still in their winter mode.

Limbstrutter

Here in Ohio, I watched a flock yesterday and seen two big boy's fighting . Pecking order I guess. Not too much yet here either.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

BowBendr

They're still in big winter flocks where i'm at in western NC.

Gobble!

Lately they have been trying to dig through snow But that's about it.

swamp_bird89

Doing their typical thing round this time of year.....saw 4 strutters with about 15/20 hens (they weren't paying too much attention to em') this afternoon. Buncha jakes trying to get in on some action...they spent more time fightin' amongst themselves.

socalturkeyman

Strutting around and fighting off jakes lol. Sorry for the bad picture,The good camera died.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

joshua

Upstate SC.  Had a buddy tell me one was gobbling today at around 1100 at his daddy's house.  Said he gobbled for about an hour off and on.  Also said they have been seeing a turkey strutting with 10-15 hens in the field across from his house every morning for the last week.  Weather man says it is supposed to hit 75 here Fri.  Still got 43 more days before the season opens.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

desert_s10

Quote from: socalturkeyman on February 15, 2011, 11:00:52 PM

Strutting around and fighting off jakes lol. Sorry for the bad picture,The good camera died.

Area looks familiar.... private land, close to CNF Palomar ranger district?

Gary

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

socalturkeyman

desert_s10  Yes sir. YOu know it! I was down there on saturday and I really think they are starting their sping early down there.I had another spot near julian and all those birds are gone. Making me nervous,It might be like last year man and it sucked last year.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

gatrapper

This time of year on my properties I don't hardly ever see birds.  I still am covered up with sign though.  They pretty much stick to the pines during Feb.  I was out running traps the other morning and had one hammering like crazy though.
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.