turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Megan's SC gator tag is filled!

Started by tra_cline, September 19, 2011, 08:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tra_cline

Hunted the Pee Dee unit, the weather was great on the trip down but as we got onto the boat the wind was just enough to make wakes in the water on the river so we spent most of the night in the canals. Saw lots of  Gators, most between 4-7.5' we seen around 6 that were in the 8-9.5' range and one over 10'. Had a chance at the 9.5' gator but he went under just as Megan was going to shoot. Not in a hurry to kill, we were having a ball seeing all the gator, gar fish, animals on the banks and just the whole hunt, then around 2am the weather really started to turn, the water in the canals started to wake, and the misting rain started. We found a good +8' gator and Megan got an arrow in him. It was a great trip, Brad with Taylor Outdoors has a really nice outfit, the whole hunt was one of the funnest I've done in a long time. Maybe next year I'll draw it's only been 3 years I've been trying. Her hunt will be aired on Roll"n"Bones TV in fall of 2012 on the Sportsman Channel.....Her gator measured 8'2"

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

drenalinld

Crappiepro

Congrats on the gator and T.V. spot too!!

TClark

Nice gator, congrats!!!

Must really be hot down there that they need that big fan on the boat. :TooFunny:
Take Care and be blessed,
Terry

College Students
http://4gcellpay.com/

hookedspur

WAHOO thats a good one !!! Great job Megan !!! :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hognutz

Congrats on the nice gator. It will be fun to watch it unfold on the tube..Awesome job, girl..Well done..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

OLE RASPY

Real nice gator congrads megan.Yall gonna get the head mounted or anything. :icon_thumright:

stinkpickle

NICE!!!  I'm looking forward to seeing the show.  "Choot 'em, Megan!  Choot 'em!"

tra_cline

Thanks Doc! we need to set up another hunt with you sometime somewhere!

beagler

Never Misses

turkey slayer

TRKYHTR

SHe's a stud. Congrats Megan.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Cleburne