OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Moose In NY Trail Cam pics

Started by njdevilsb, September 18, 2011, 08:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njdevilsb

A farmer across the road from the land we lease said he saw a moose around his cows yesterday morning.  Tonight my dad and I went down to check our trail cams and shoot our bows.  On the way to one of the cameras we saw 1 huge track.  We both looked at each other and said it had to be the moose.  After some looking around, we found one more in the same area.  We finished checking the cameras and started to head back to shoot, and we found about 10 more tracks on the edge of a standing corn field.  The track is the same size as my hand.

We shot our bows for a while and headed home to see what we had on the cameras.  Sure enough, the first card we checked had 3 pictures of the moose.  To say we were shocked would be an understatement.  I never imagined we would have gotten pictures of him.  It was the only animal we had on this particular camera too.  It would just be awesome to see him walk by while we were sitting there.  This camera is only about 20 yards from one of our stands.  What he is in is a small test food plot that we tried this year.  We have been trying 5 or 6 small plots to give us an idea of what might work for a bigger one next year.

This is only the 2nd moose I have heard of around this area.  The last one was at a golf course in the city and they tranquilized him, and he didn't make it.  We have a picture of a deer in the exact position of the 3rd picture, and the deers back matches to the bottom of the Moose's chest.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

turkey slayer

Hognutz

Now that is something that you don't see everyday. Way cool!!  Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

briancady

njdevilsb

No, there's no season on Moose in NY.  I just hope to lay eyes on him once.  Our early deer season opens one week from today.  I'm going to have my camera on me at all times.

woodchip

Dylan T

Snoody Bastid

Wow, that's pretty wild.
I've been hunting up in the Tupper Lake area and doing float plane camping trips up there for years but I never saw one. I think I've might of heard one once, but then again it might have been The Famous Grouse scotch whiskey I was consuming.

gobbler74

That's cool as heck. Don't know if I could shoot him being a loner but wonder why he isn't game? Elk are used on a deer tag in va if your lucky enough to get one. Once the program is solid the elk tag will come along though.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

BOFF

SAAWEEEET!!

Great pics!!

God Bless,
David B.

OLE RASPY

might be someones pet. :lol:  Thats pretty neat.hope you get to see him in person in daylight.

mikejd

Cool pics. were in NY are you guys.

njdevilsb

These pictures are from Rodman.  There hasn't been any sign of him in the last week.  He probably was just passing through.