OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

You're not going to believe this- Attackwatch.com- paid for by Obama for America

Started by lightsoutcalls, September 14, 2011, 01:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: aristico on September 27, 2011, 05:39:40 PM

No offense but you are an idiot and I don't know why the moderators haven't gotten rid of this thread already with your bigoted statements........

Wow.  How can you say no offense and call someone an idiot in the same sentence?  Please tell me what you find to be bigoted.  I provided sources for what I posted.  I find it interesting that the word "bigoted" is one of the current administration's favorite words to demean others and call into question the validity of any views that don't align with their own agenda. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

catdaddy

[/quote]

No offense but you are an idiot and I don't know why the moderators haven't gotten rid of this thread already with your bigoted statements........
[/quote]

Your first two words are "no offense" then you call him an "idiot" making "bigoted statements".   Did you expect to get a pass just because you lamely begin by saying "no offense??.  I am surprised and disappointed that your scurrilous reply to this good Christian man has gone unchallenged on this board.  I can only surmise that the lack of response is driven by an aversion to being involved in a potentially contentious situation. I am not wired that way.   

bird

I was going to move thread but not because of what Wendell said but for the comment of calling someone an idiot which is clearly against site rules but decided to leave it be and let the site members decide for themselves who is what.

GobbleNut

"Who"  is a lot of good people on this site that come here to talk about turkey hunting and all of the stuff that goes along with that.  
"What" is what happens when someone uses a hunting forum to talk about something that should stay out of a hunting forum.  

We all believe what we believe,....either politically or religiously, or whatever.  I don't need a republican, democrat, independent, atheist, agnostic, or religious fanatic to try to recruit me or save me.  I am what I am,....you are what you are,....all the rest are what "all the rest" are.  

What we are all together, though, are "turkey hunters"!  Let's leave it at that!....and do it with respect for everybody else here!!!

lightsoutcalls

As has been stated MANY times... there is a reason this section of the forum board is identified as a GENERAL FORUM.  Sorry, didn't mean to shout.  If you are REALLY so concerned that EVERYTHING should be about turkey hunting, please, feel free to check out some of the turkey hunting sub-forums on the board.   There are some great threads about turkey hunting tips, turkey biology, turkey guns, etc. 
It is my understanding that this section of the forum is open to general topic material.  If you will take the time to look, there are a number of other threads in the general topic that discuss things not turkey hunting related. 
My intention with this thread was not to demean or degrade anyone, but rather to share truth.  I missed it on a couple of points, and politely acknowledged such and even thanked the poster for correcting me.  My intent was not to convert anyone or imply that if you don't believe like I do, then you are in any way of lesser value or importance. 
Many will agree that the majority of news sources currently are rather biased against what most would consider conservative or family friendly values.  I have different values than these sources endorse.  There are others here who do as well. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Struttinhusker

Just a reminder.  These are terms that have been used in the political threads in which I have participated about conservative and "family" values:
Obamunism, undercover terrorist, Odumnnuts, Owhinerbaby, Obamasomeoneelse, idiot, joke, disgusting bonehood, Hitler, sucka, dictatorship, pedophilia, queers, deviant, sex with farm animals, man/boy love.

As has been said, these threads do not lead to anything good.  Take it somewhere else.

Strut Buster

Quote from: GobbleNut on September 28, 2011, 04:45:10 PM
"Who"  is a lot of good people on this site that come here to talk about turkey hunting and all of the stuff that goes along with that.  
"What" is what happens when someone uses a hunting forum to talk about something that should stay out of a hunting forum.  

We all believe what we believe,....either politically or religiously, or whatever.  I don't need a republican, democrat, independent, atheist, agnostic, or religious fanatic to try to recruit me or save me.  I am what I am,....you are what you are,....all the rest are what "all the rest" are.  

What we are all together, though, are "turkey hunters"!  Let's leave it at that!....and do it with respect for everybody else here!!!

Amen
Ethics & Respect First

GobbleNut

"My intention with this thread was not to demean or degrade anyone, but rather to share truth."----Quote

The problem I see with this sort of discussion is that one persons truth is another persons fiction.  For almost any publication or document that cites one set of "facts", there is almost invariably another that is completely contradictory that will also be cited as "fact" by some other source. 

The bottom line is that some topics are so inflammatory that they cannot be discussed to any degree without becoming "uncivil".  Politics and religion are two of them.  You can pretty well rest assured that if they are brought up on this forum,...or any other that has a diverse group of members,....the discussion will degenerate into name-calling.  It is just a fact of life.

There are some ideologies that are promoted by a significant number of members of this forum, but just because a person gets support from a group of members does not mean there is not another side to somebody's stance on something.  If someone presents their side of a controversial topic, they should not get their beak in a knot when someone calls them out on it.  Unfortunately, it is human nature for people to take personal offense when others disagree with them regarding  something that is important to them.

The bottom line is that any of us can bring up any topic we wish, within reason, in the general forum.  It is just not in the best interest of this forum and it's members to bring up certain topics.  This particular thread was one of them.  I would suggest that choosing other "general forum" topics in the future would result in better judgement on everybody's part.

mossy835

Quite a few opinions but I think we outed an Obama supporter (yes it is your right to support him) that wants any negative conversation stopped by trying to cause the sites to remove the threads. It is part of their plan to keep him in office and to try and quell the negative posts about the dumb things he wants to do, and desperation must be setting in on Obama's part. based on his recent polls. So with this I am moving on unless the two persons we know about want more!.