OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

You're not going to believe this- Attackwatch.com- paid for by Obama for America

Started by lightsoutcalls, September 14, 2011, 01:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: Dylan T on September 21, 2011, 12:00:26 PM
Anyone got any viable alternatives that won't make me laugh?

:anim_25:

Would you rather laugh or cry?  Sadly in 2008 it was a "lesser of 2 evils" situation.  Even worse is the fact that so many were blinded by "hope and change" and the chance to look like they weren't "racists" or "bigots" by voting by the silver tongued senator from chicago. Very few cared to find out the truth about the man before they voted for him.  Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the fact that he is at least half of a black man.  If he were not destroying this country and all that is decent with every breath that comes out of his mouth, I would be happy to cheer him on and admit if I was wrong about what I suspected he would do once in office.  Sadly, once again, that is not the case. 
   If you like mr obama, good for you.  I don't have a problem with that.  If you like what he has done to this country in the course of 2+ years, that's where I start having problems. Are all of the ills of this country his "fault"?  NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!  Has he contributed to an overwhelming decline in the decency and morality of this nation?  UNEQUIVACALLY YES!!!
  Who would make the BEST nominee to run against him?  I'm not sure yet.  Would ALL of the options be better ones?  I am inclined to say yes, but I'm sure each would have faults or beliefs that I couldn't agree with.  We'll have to wait and see how things come out in the upcoming debates, but there is no chance in a hot place that I would EVER vote for obama.  Didn't do it in 2008, won't do it in 2012.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Struttinhusker

Do most of the alternatives make me laugh? No! Do they make me cry?  Almost.  Do they and some of their supporters scare me to death?  YES!

lightsoutcalls

willy8457

The truth of the matter is , we didn't have a choice in last election. M cain Palin would have been four more years of Bush  Politics. which would have been worse than Obama. Everybody  blames everything on Obama, the deficit to the recovery from the recession.  As far as the deficit goes  if anybody doesn't understand that the deficit was caused by two wars and Bushes Tax cuts they need to wake up.  I agree that Obama hasn't lived up to his end of the bargain. But sad to say I don't see one person on either side worth voting for. The dems lack leadership, and the Rep. will do anything to make Obama Bad  At any cost.  The debt ceiling debate a couple weeks ago was  prove that or govt. is out of control. Give me anybody thats worth voting for  Rep. or Dem.

mossy835

Well having lived through two Browns Pat and is ignorant son Jerry the current Governor of CA. I would still put the ability of Obama to do anything except leave office below those two. Nothing he has done (can not say come up with) has worked and that is not the fault of Bush. The man is in so far over his head it is seriously pathetic that he does not realize it!

lightsoutcalls

I know the economy is in the toilet, but does nobody else happen to see what obama has done on his own here... bowing to kings of middle east countries, apology tours to the world on behalf of the U.S., encouraging queers to serve openly in the military, refusing to acknowledge the National Day of Prayer, refusing to make a proclamation recognizing Easter, but throwing a big celebration for rhamadan, openly stating that the U.S. willl no longer defend the Defense of Marriage act...

Seriously, there are MANY other factors besides the economy to consider.  Some of these carry consequences greater than those of the economy for our country.  If this nation loses the favor of God, it won't be long before you won't recognize it from any other 3rd world nation.  

mossy835

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on September 22, 2011, 06:22:31 PM
I know the economy is in the toilet, but does nobody else happen to see what obama has done on his own here... bowing to kings of middle east countries, apology tours to the world on behalf of the U.S., encouraging queers to serve openly in the military, refusing to acknowledge the National Day of Prayer, refusing to make a proclamation recognizing Easter, but throwing a big celebration for rhamadan, openly stating that the U.S. willl no longer defend the Defense of Marriage act...

Seriously, there are MANY other factors besides the economy to consider.  Some of these carry consequences greater than those of the economy for our country.  If this nation loses the favor of God, it won't be long before you won't recognize it from any other 3rd world nation.  
You hit the nail on the head with a sledge hammer!

Dylan T

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on September 22, 2011, 06:22:31 PM

At least get your facts right. This to me pretty much looks like acknowledging the national day of prayer. Don't agree with things, fine, but don;t make things up.

http://nationaldayofprayer.org/news/2010-presidential-proclamation/2011-proclamation/

***NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 5, 2011, as a National Day of Prayer.  I invite all citizens of our Nation, as their own faith or conscience directs them, to join me in giving thanks for the many blessings we enjoy, and I ask all people of faith to join me in asking God for guidance, mercy, and protection for our Nation.***

As far as queers in the military, it doesn't matter. There's braver queers out there defending our freedom than there are lazy good for nothing hetrosexuals sitting on their @sses back home. There are bigger things for you to worry about.

mossy835

Struttinhusker

Some conservatives did themselves proud last night by booing an American soldier stationed in Iraq.

So little time...so many to hate and/or fear.