OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Oink oink....

Started by Reloader, September 10, 2011, 07:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reloader

We've never had hogs on this particular property, but several herds of the little bastids have moved in and began the destruction during the past few months.  I was hanging a bow stand this morn and could smell the stinky rascals.

Been getting pics of this guy the past few weeks and finally got a chance to get after him.

There's a gas line ROW about 300yds North of that cam, so I slipped along the brush line to glass a creek bottom.  As soon as I made it to the crest of the ridge I spotted a large dark figure in some yellow grass, so I gave it a look-see and it was him.  I started trying to find a prop as the ridge wouldn't allow for a kneeling shot, but he had other plans and started heading for the brush.  Had to make a quick free hand shot to the top of the shoulder at a mere 75yds and down he went.  338 Federal with 200 Hdy SPILFB over AA2015BR at 2550fps MV did the job.  No exit, but they are tough little dudes, especially on bone behind the shields.

Had to call a relative to help me load the rascal, I figure he was around 225lbs.  Not nearly my biggest boar, but pretty nice for a woods hog.  Now on to the sows and a few shoults for some table fair. This guy has been running with a sow about 150lbs and 5 shoults about 75lbs each.

You sort of have to tip yer hat to a fella that totes these around:

Ya'll have a good one,

loder

dirt road ninja

Wish we could hunt them at night in Louisiana. Kill'em all.

OLE RASPY

You sort of have to tip yer hat to a fella that totes these around: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Killem all i hope we dont get them where im at

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

turkey slayer

nice, we ran dogs last night and caught and killed 3!

hookedspur

Quote from: turkey slayer on September 10, 2011, 08:39:33 PM
nice, we ran dogs last night and caught and killed 3!
I would love to do that . Nice job Reloader.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ronnie your da man!   :z-guntootsmiley:

Kill all them rascals! 

lightsoutcalls

Is that sausage I smell?  Nice kill!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

longspur

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

OLE RASPY

Hognutz

Nice hog..Nice hognutz...What do you do with the meat on those big ol' boars?
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

RutnNStrutn

Shoot everyone of them you see. They can breed like rabbits, and they will take over your place. Good job busting a cap in his butt!!

VAHUNTER

way to go Ronnie!!!
i watched a show the other day. the guy said if you do not have hogs in your area ?? before long you will... hopefully you guys with hogs will keep them contained. i do not want any !!!!!
Good things come to those who wait

Reloader

Quote from: Hognutz on September 11, 2011, 07:28:00 PM
Nice hog..Nice hognutz...What do you do with the meat on those big ol' boars?

Feed em to the coyotes.  They stink, the meat stinks, and the meat stinks even worse when you cook it.

The sows are pretty good depending on what they've been feeding on.  The shoults are the best, a 75lber is just about right for some premo pit meat.  The boars are only good if you catch em, cut em, and feed em out.