turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Old site record?

Started by sugarray, February 15, 2011, 07:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

anyone remember what our previous record for most members on at one time?

CASH

Quote from: sugarray on February 15, 2011, 07:12:49 PM
anyone remember what our previous record for most members on at one time?

214...Somewhere along that line.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

sugarray

and we were only 15 away a week after coming back online.  Anyone know other hunting sites counts, members, most on, things like that. The other 2 I frequent are not anywhere near ours here.

redarrow

We had almost a half million post too.

Old Gobbler

231 at the same time ..... total through the entire day is a substantially higher figure {couple thousand }, the site gets very busy this time of year.   
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Gobble!

I was thinking 215
This is a great site
Let's see before this site I was using a undertaker choke tube Remington Nitro #4 turkey shells and walmart decoys

Lol change that this is a expensive site
I now have a Indian creek choke and shoot hevi13 #7s
And have $450 in 3 decoys

turkey_slayer

Quote from: sugarray on February 15, 2011, 07:35:21 PM
and we were only 15 away a week after coming back online.  Anyone know other hunting sites counts, members, most on, things like that. The other 2 I frequent are not anywhere near ours here.

Theres a few that are a lot bigger but honestly I hope this site never grows to be that big.  Take archery talk for example; they probably have about 200,000 members now and I swear theres a BUNCH of keyboard cowboys over there.  Its worst than a soap opera.  There are some guys over there that are geniuses when it comes to archery but you have to learn to sort through the bull crappers to find them and people that do know their stuff are more reluctant to post anymore cause of all the negativity.  Plus you have the ethnics police and if you shoot 5 yards further than them they call you unethical or use a different broadhead than them then you are just stupid ???  This is one of the most friendlier sites I'm on and hope it stays that way  :icon_thumright:

BowBendr

Quote from: turkey_slayer on February 15, 2011, 10:06:57 PMThis is one of the most friendlier sites I'm on and hope it stays that way  :icon_thumright:

Here..Here..I'll second that.  :icon_thumright:

FttFttVroom!

Quote from: BowBendr on February 15, 2011, 10:20:35 PM
Quote from: turkey_slayer on February 15, 2011, 10:06:57 PMThis is one of the most friendlier sites I'm on and hope it stays that way  :icon_thumright:

And a third!

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

joshua

Awesome site to learn from and to meet fellow addicted turkey hunters.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

WyoHunter

Great site and great people!  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

knightrider

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

chrisun

Quote from: BowBendr on February 15, 2011, 10:20:35 PM

agreed
John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.