turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New barrel for an 870

Started by YoungJake, September 06, 2011, 01:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YoungJake

I have an old 870 wingmaster that has a barrel on it that will not take a choke. I wondered if it would be possible to get a replacement barrel so that I could use a good turkey choke instead of just the improved cylinder that the old barrel has.

natman

Yes, it is possible to get a replacement barrel for an 870. Midway and cabelas have dozens of different styles.

You could also get your current barrel tapped for choke tubes, which would probably be cheaper.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: YoungJake on September 06, 2011, 01:14:45 AM
I have an old 870 wingmaster that has a barrel on it that will not take a choke. I wondered if it would be possible to get a replacement barrel so that I could use a good turkey choke instead of just the improved cylinder that the old barrel has.

Many gun shops will have new and used 870 barrels that will fit your gun. If you can't find one where you are, I'd recommend that you call Mann & Son Sporting Goods (Since 1946) at 618.357.2911. If they don't have one in stock, they can get you one quickly.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

YoungJake

ok, thanks guys. I'll check around for a barrel and maybe look into having the one I have now tapped

hookedspur

I picked one up at a pawn shop awhile back for less than half the cost of a new one. You might be able to do the same.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Mr16Gauge

Expect to pay from $135 - $235 (full retail) for new remington 870 barrels.

Occasionally they can be found cheaper on the various internet sites, but this is the range they are selling in.

Good Luck

gotcha

Its likely you will find a used 870 complete for less than a new barrel.That was my experience.