turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Warm weather and gobbling?

Started by sugarray, February 15, 2011, 04:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

Anyone getting some gobbling b/c of the warmer weather this week? 

I plan to get out Thurs morning, but would like to wait until Friday b/c Thursday is supposed to be the warmest of the week.  Supposed to rain friday though.

kyhareraiser

lot of turkeys in the area here and i've been outside working arround the house (on ourpose) so i can see if i can here any gobbles..nope ,heard none..maybe ,thur. or fri..  come on gobblers

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

GOLD HUNTER

i got to go split some wood "sat" for this years turkey camping trip and we are heading to the listening post first. going tobe in the 50-70 for a few days. 

brian

socalturkeyman

I've been hearing it since Last october.Turkeys in my area dont know what winter is! Kinda makes me a lil nervous for this up coming spring....
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Skeeterbait

Nothing going on in south/central Alabama that I have seen.  Probably a couple of weeks of good weather will get it started though.

guesswho

I heard one Saturday but I think he was on the Georgia side of the river. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

sugarray

Well, if you haven't heard any in Alabama, especially in the south, then I won't hear any soon.  Planning a scouting trip and thought I might hear some on roost.  50-60 for next 3 days. Rain friday, so thought Thursday may be good.  Oh, well,  good scouting anyway.

Skeeterbait

Well we have had some unusually cold weather down here including ice and snow.  These tropical birds are probably a bit confused right now.  ;D

turkey_slayer

Ray Im just below you in Virginia but I'm going Friday morning to listen.  Low is 42 high is 61.  I'm not really expecting to hear anything but ya never know.  I've talked to a few thats been seeing them strutting this week in the fields and 1 guy heard 1 gobble a few times sunday afternoon.  If the weathers not bad I usually start hearing them roost gobble a few times the last week of Feb. then it intensifies a week or 2 later and they start gobbling a little bit on the ground.

knightrider

i hope they hold off until mid march before they even think about it

FttFttVroom!

We had low 70's today ans will nearly touch 80 degrees tomorrow.  I am inclined to go out just to listen and see if I can hear my favorite sound in the world next to my little girl laughing  :icon_thumright:

TANK

I didn't personally hear it, but a reliable source heard 2 past weekend gobble 68 times. Southeast Louisiana. I have seen them strutting in the mornings with hens.

Doug-Va

A fellow told me he heard one Sunday Hope they hold out until mid to late march. Knowing they are gobbling out there will drive me crazy!!

Doug

maustypsu

Nothing in Central NC yet.

This weekend I'm traveling but on the 26th I'm going to go listen before our rabbit hunt.  That's been on the calendar for awhile and I've been anticpating hearing the first gobble of the season.  We don't hunt until Apr 9th so I've got plenty of time.  Usually don't scout until March.