turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New patch question

Started by sugarray, February 15, 2011, 04:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

So I received my new patch 2 or 3 days ago, but I am a little afraid to put it on my vest.  That patch of white sticking out there.  Anyone else have this concern?  Any thoughts?  I think I'm going to put it on the back of my vest too, so it is against the tree.

bird

Quote from: sugarray on February 15, 2011, 04:05:59 PM
So I received my new patch 2 or 3 days ago, but I am a little afraid to put it on my vest.  That patch of white sticking out there.  Anyone else have this concern?  Any thoughts?  I think I'm going to put it on the back of my vest too, so it is against the tree.

Its about movement and noise... Not Color  :bike2:

sugarray

I'm not concerned about the turkey, but other hunters.  The old saying goes, no red/blue/white while turkey hunting.

PureGold

Mine is going on my gun case. I too feel like there may be a safety issue here. White & Red  in the shape of a turkey head.

However, if someone shot me because they has mistaken that for a turkey I would start to wonder about their vision!

bird

Quote from: sugarray on February 15, 2011, 04:12:14 PM
I'm not concerned about the turkey, but other hunters.  The old saying goes, no red/blue/white while turkey hunting.

I guess if you're seriously concerned that another hunter is going to shoot you because of the patch then you better put it on your back.  

CASH

You'll be fine.  Put a little deer blood on your face.  No worries!
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

hookedspur

Quote from: sugarray on February 15, 2011, 04:12:14 PM
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

redarrow

I don't think its big enough to be a concern.

socalturkeyman

I dont know, I think if someone really thinks a turkey head would be up around 5'9'' to 6'0'' off the ground they should not be out there lol. I think you'd be okay Ray. Put it on the vest it looks to good to put on the back.  :you_rock:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

bird

Quote from: socalturkeyman on February 15, 2011, 06:39:53 PM
I dont know, I think if someone really thinks a turkey head would be up around 5'9'' to 6'0'' off the ground they should not be out there lol. I think you'd be okay Ray. Put it on the vest it looks to good to put on the back.  :you_rock:

Ah heck I thought he was gonna put it on his back pocket!  :TooFunny:

Flydown

Quote from: CASH on February 15, 2011, 05:38:47 PM
You'll be fine.  Put a little deer blood on your face.  No worries!

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:   :smiley-char092:

turkeybow

I wouldn't worry, turkey hunters get shot wearing all camo now days
"We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
~ Aldo Leopold

Gobble!

I would think you will be ok
I agree with turkeybow

joshua

Quote from: turkeybow on February 15, 2011, 08:45:23 PM
I wouldn't worry, turkey hunters get shot wearing all camo now days
X2
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Old Gobbler

I wouldn't have it visible  -Safety first 
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon