turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I need a favor from NWTF members

Started by barry, August 28, 2011, 01:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

I have a favor to ask of all of you. In the recent issue (Sept/Oct, 2011) of Turkey Country magazine there was a brief, and I do mean brief, commentary on our 2011 Wheelin' Sportsmen spring turkey hunt. It is located on page 80 in the lower right corner, trust me you have to look hard to find it.

Encouraged by our State chapter president, I had written and submitted to Turkey Country magazine a full 2 page article on this hunt along with 6 photos since it was quite an achievement as 10 hunters took 7 birds on this hunt! Few if any chapter hunts across the country have ever had that type of success.

Here's a link to the OG post I made on this hunt in case you missed it.
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,8569.msg100019.html#msg100019

Turkey Country magazine gave this event the minimum amount of coverage - one small photo along with 2 sentences!!! When I saw the small amount of space we were given I felt like I had been slapped in the face, then I got pissed! It was not fair for the other hunters, our guides and other volunteers that gave of their time to make it all possible.

We pulled off the hunt of a lifetime with that event and feel that others around the country should know about it!
If you feel that we deserved more magazine space for this hunt after you've seen the little "article" please send an email to the 2 magazine editors below and tell them.

bcarey@nwtf.net   
gpowers@nwtf.net   

Thanks for your time,
Barry