turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Job........New Location!

Started by hobbes, August 25, 2011, 01:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

I've had quite a bit going in the last two weeks.  My mind has been spinning and my stomach in knots most of the time.  However, I feel a little more at ease at this point because the decision is now behind me.

This morning I made the phone call to accept a position with the State of Montana Department of Transportation in Helena, MT.  I've also given notice this morning to my current employer.  I will start in Helena on the 19th of September. 

I'll be in a whirlwind for the next three weeks trying to wrap up some sort of contract on my house here and set up a rental in MT.

Archery season starts here in CO on Saturday, so I'm hoping to pull an elk out of the hat and fill our freezer before we leave.  I'm usually holding off for a bull, but I'll shoot any legal elk if given the opportunity.  The wife and kids are all exited about the move.  However, Isaac is a little bummed because I don't think there is anyway for me to make it back down here in a month for him to hunt with his first rifle elk tag.

Anyway........................Prayers would be appreciated.

RutnNStrutn

Prayers are sent Hobbes!! Best of luck with the new job, selling the old place, finding a new place to stay, killing an elk, and consoling your son. :icon_thumright: Man, that's a lot on your plate!! :o

Hognutz

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on August 25, 2011, 01:25:52 PM
Prayers are sent Hobbes!! Best of luck with the new job, selling the old place, finding a new place to stay, killing an elk, and consoling your son. :icon_thumright: Man, that's a lot on your plate!! :o

I second that. Good luck with all of the above..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

mnturkey

Good Luck with the move.  I spent some time in Helena last year and it is truly a beautiful place and the people were very nice.
SEMPER FI

TRKYHTR

Prayers for you, your family, your new job, and those poor elk you'll be after.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Man, I know what your going through. I wish and pray for best of luck for you and your family.
Georgia Boy

drenalinld

You will be in my prayers. I hope it works out great for your family.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

hobbes

I'll have to do some driving to get into the turkeys very well, but I've become accostomed to that.  I could do without the grizzly and the wolves.  With the removal of wolves from the endangered species list and the approval of MT wolf hunts, maybe I can put an arrow or bullet through a wolf in the next couple years.

Trophy_Taker

Prayers sent from Pa...Good luck.

Matt...

hobbes

Also, I was set to draw a Plains (Bonny Reservoir) tag next year for my Rio (same tag Isaac had this year), but now as a NR I won't have enough points to draw.  I'll have to be sure to keep picking up the pts, so I can draw in a few years.

Preacher

Moving can be stressful,  most Baptist Preachers know,   but it sounds like this move will be a step up ,  Keep us posted.   We will be praying for you.
Romans 8:37

fallhnt

Best wishes to you and your family.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Hawkfarm

Prayers and congrats.  Another door has opened.   Looking forward to your posts of some gorgeous scenic pictures of Montana and pictures of you, your wife and the kids holding some big trout.  

sugarray

Sure happy for you and your family.  Will pray for a smooth transiton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk