OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

3in or 3.5

Started by knightrider, February 15, 2011, 12:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

which do you shoot and if you would leave me a reply why?

3 in
35 (38%)
3.5 in
57 (62%)

Total Members Voted: 88

turkeytromp

I shoot the 3-1/2" as well, the recoil doesn't bother me really +I like to throw more lead at them for a better chance of bagging that bird with the first shot,oh and yes I also like watching the underbrush sapplings completely "DISINTEGRATE" to a 12ga. 3-1/2" load too so yeh I want the extra shot count!   :fud::gobble:

hobbes

3.5"......I like the added payload.

As far as the kick, the HV winchesters stomp me in the ground when I'm shooting targets, so I don't do it much.  I shoot a few rounds before season to make sure all is still well.  Shots at turkeys are barely noticed.

magicman

Quote from: njdevilsb on February 15, 2011, 01:28:54 PM
3.5 here.  Like has already been said, while hunting, the kick doesn't bother me.  Sighting in you'll start to feel it, but if you have a good pad or shooting rest, it isn't bad.  I like sending those extra few pellets at them.

X2 :icon_thumright:

new2turkey

I am using a mossberg 500, my first shotgun, which only has a 3 inch chamber, so that is what I use. Next year however I plan on getting the 835 tactical turkey and I will shoot 3.5s.

GeorgeShu

3"       not so much kick, does the job without the jolt!

chrisun

I do use 3.5 inch shells, and I did vote for 3.5. However, I am actually finding that the 3inch pattern better than the 3.5 inch out of my gun. I realize there is more shot, but if that shot isn't getting into the kill zone....whats the point?
John 3:16
Guns have 2 enemies.....rust and politicians.

Gold Spur

3.5" for me. I like the extra down range payload.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

bowhunter32

i have always hunted turkeys with a 3.5"???? dont know why just love it when she goes boom :z-guntootsmiley: :lol:

FANMAN

3 1/2 patterns much better out of my gun,  semi-auto=what kick?

Todd1700

I shoot 3 1/2 inch shells because they pattern better out of my gun. Yeah they kick harder but now that I have patterned them and got my sight set I rarely shoot them at anything other than a turkey. And I have never noticed recoil when shooting a turkey. Besides it's not like the 3 inch shells are a joy to shoot either.

BigHooks

3.5 I want all the help I can get, I hunt mostly field turkeys so the extra payload an shot helps more than you think...

boggszilla

3.5 for me,i want the biggest payload i can get.

Jbird22

I have convinced to go back to 3" #6 lead due to my past success with it. But chances are, I will have a few 3.5's backing it up just in case.  :)

mossy835

You guys are making me glad I started with 3" shells. I carry a box of 3.5 but have not used them as of yet. The 3" mag blend did the job last year and I still have four boxes of them. Might see how the 3.5 H13 #6 do when I sight in the new Mueller sight system.
:fud: :gobble: :newmascot: :newmascot: we need a dead turkey icon!!

gobb-lemon

Quote from: Gobble! on February 15, 2011, 03:37:16 PM
3.5 inch the kick does not bother me and it has more pellets

X2 :icon_thumright: