turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Hunting Pics

Started by Singlebarrel, February 15, 2011, 11:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Singlebarrel

Does anyone else have favorite hunting photos that you find yourself looking at often just because of the memories that they bring?  Not necessarily of your "biggest" or "best", but just a snapshot that bring back a memory of a great hunt?

I have to admit that I'm pretty sentimental when it comes to memories of hunts past.  I often find myself looking back at pictures from past seasons or rereading stories or notes I have written about memorable hunts.  But It seems like certain pictures, and the memories that they bring just have a calming effect on me.  On a particularly stressful day, a quick glance at some of these pics does wonders for my temperament.  Here is one of my all time favs:

This was the moment after my best friend & hunting partner of 25 years doubled to complete our single-season slam.  We hunted & killed every bird together so it was quite fitting that we ended with a double.  I look at it often & travel back to South Dakota for a few seconds...

guesswho

Nice picture and congrats on ya'lls slam.

I have two favorites, they go hand in hand and pretty much tell my whole turkey hunting story.

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Muskie03

Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

CASH

Ronnie, I think my favorite hunting pics are the ones of your mom turkey hunting. 
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Basser69

Those are great. Thanks for sharing

Muskie03

This pic to me signifies everything about turkey hunting for me. This is "Home Sweet Home" for my friends and I during turkey season. I killed this bird about 400yds from my tent.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

Singlebarrel

Quote from: guesswho on February 15, 2011, 11:55:52 AM
Nice picture and congrats on ya'lls slam.

I have two favorites, they go hand in hand and pretty much tell my whole turkey hunting story.

Yep, that's what's its all about!  Here are 2 more of mine: both of my girls with their first birds - 2 of the best days I have ever spent in the woods...

Scottyb

It is a toss up for me between two.

The first picture is special because it invoved a good friend of mine. He is not ambulatory and had never killed a bird. We hunted an area here in MD which was the first handicapped only turkey hunting area in the U.S. We were hunting in a blind and with about 50 minutes left to go I slipped out to check a logging road running alongside us ( we were at a T in the roads) I peeked around the woods and saw a longbeard strutting towards us. I slipped back into the blind and got Rick situated, since the bird was coming from behind and to the right.  His guns forearm was resting basically on my shoulder, and when the 2 year old strutted in, he shot him at 6 yards....  His first bird!

The second picture is from SC. It was 2007 spring season. In March of that year, about three weeks before I shot this bird, I had been stabbed  while working as a prison guard at a state facility here in MD.  I went through absolute he ll with the anti HIV meds, and the sickness that it causes.  I was having some serious issues as well. I killed the bird in a beautiful Sc creek bottom, and other than my first turkey, this one was probably the most fulfilling bird I have ever shot.

Mossy Oak Pro Staff...

knightrider

my favorite of all time,this is my sons first bird at age 8, we worked these birds form daybreak until he pulled the trigger at 2.30, he hung it out with me all day like a real tropper and now i have a hunting partner for life, in his famous post shot words'daddy he didnt know who was shootin at him did he'  :TooFunny: i love it

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

gob09

Preacher

Romans 8:37

knightrider

awesome pics guys, nothing like enjoying the outdoors with family and love ones, love those pics preacher nothing like seeing your kids enjoy the outdoors

Rio Fan

I love all of those pictures.  :icon_thumright:

hobbes