OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Earthquake in VA

Started by gobbler74, August 23, 2011, 02:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

HEY BOYS JUST FELT MY FIRST Earthquake! I was sitting at work and my desk started shaking..monitors etc..yall can have that stuff...phone calls are still coming in. Yall watch the news..this just happened. Rumor here says Richmond was the center and we heard from service people in Pennsylvania that felt it...
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

gobbler74

Now reports as far as New York. hearing just a 5.2
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

VALongBox

Felt it here in Front Royal, VA.  Latest is it was a 5.9, centered between Richmond and Charlottesville.  I pray all is well down that way.  - Cliff

gobbler74

Quote from: VALongBox on August 23, 2011, 02:17:15 PM
Felt it here in Front Royal, VA.  Latest is it was a 5.9, centered between Richmond and Charlottesville.  I prey all is well down that way.  - Cliff
I told the wife to drive the pickup through the side of the house, maybe I can get some stuff upgraded.. ;D

gobbler74

And a new truck to boot  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

gobbler74

I went to the breakroom and seen people massing in the streets of new york city...there just poised to loot, picking out the stores with the best TV'S  :TooFunny:

GOLD HUNTER

5.9 earthquake hits southwest and central Virginia; Quake felt up and down the east coast AND I JUST FELT MY FIRST Earthquake ....WE ARE OK IN Roanoke Va.  :icon_thumright:

video
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/08/23/quake-hits-near-washington-d-c/

brian

jshively

We were shaken pretty good in Northern Virginia.  My dog started barking about 15 seconds before it hit.  I feel kinda bad for yelling at him.

struttin_1

Felt it pretty good here in Winchester. Epicenter was  near Mineral, VA in Louisa County.

1tiogabowhunter

You know you have a great call when an earthquake hits and they start yelping on the shelf! Ralph Snodgrass's long box never sounded better!

Dylan T

The 2011 Earthquake. Through DC and the East Coast? That's the Congress Fault!

:z-winnersmiley:

Basser69

I just heard about it. Glad to hear y'all Virgina boys are ok!

Turkey Trot

I spoke with a guy in Charlottesville after it happened and he told me it shook for close to 45 seconds.  They had enough time to get over the shock, figure out what it was, decide to walk outside, and then walk outdoors.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

vaturkey

I was in the store & a roll of paper towels fell off the shelf when the quake hit. Hope no one was hurt or any damage was done.

:newmascot:
Vaturkey