turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Earthquake in VA

Started by gobbler74, August 23, 2011, 02:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

Latest pic of earthquake damage in dc. Obama just cut a check for 3 trillion for cleanup
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

GOLD HUNTER

Guys The quake was the largest in Virginia since 1897 and the Quake was felt up and down the east coast.

we were lucky !!! :icon_thumright:

brian

shark

I work same place as gobbler 74, out in the shop only one person felt it where we were working and he was sitting down, standing couldn't feel it.
we did not know about it until people started getting calls about it

gobbler74

He's right the second floor was a different scenario. One of the girls from my dept was in the shop and never felt it on the concrete. Mass hysteria up stairs LOL. See shark if you hadn't left you would been along for the ride. I thought the IT lady was going to dive out the window.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

Hognutz

Earthquake today, tropical storm on it's way. You guys need to pack up and come to Wi. The ice is off the lakes, the snow is gone, and it is actually summer up here. You had better hurry, though, it can change in a minute. Last year summer was on a Tuesday, and I didn't even get to go swimming. Keep your heads low and your feet on the ground..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Ol'Mossy

I felt it here in Pa 5.8 they say

econo

One day closer to Jesus! "And there will be EARTHQUAKES in diverse places" (Matthew 24:7)
May God bless you all

gatrkyhntr70

Hope everyone is ok with little to no damage.
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

chatterbox

Quote from: gobbler74 on August 23, 2011, 02:02:15 PM
HEY BOYS JUST FELT MY FIRST Earthquake! I was sitting at work and my desk started shaking..monitors etc..yall can have that stuff...phone calls are still coming in. Yall watch the news..this just happened. Rumor here says Richmond was the center and we heard from service people in Pennsylvania that felt it...
I don't truly believe it was an earthquake. Rumor has it CamoMan got into some pretty powerful chili. USGS claims it was a surface event which lends credibility to the chili story.......
Epicenter was in Virginia ........ Just sayin'.......

Hognutz

I thought I smelled something a little rancid this afternoon.. :o
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Devastator

it was felt in n.pa. without a doubt!

CASH

Today Obama announced that a major fault line has been discovered running through the Capitol.  He called it "Bush's Fault"
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

socalturkeyman

HAHA glad you boys are ok but those are normal quakes out here in cali. And gobbler74 that picture is pretty funny.

On a serious note everyone should have and probablly still should go out side and check gas meters and water. And glad everyone is okay.
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

gobbler74

After watching the news and listening to the scenarios and all the Earthquake gurus several things were interesting. The shock felt from this quake although small was carried farther and felt more significant due to the type of terrain and depth. The bedrock and harder makeup of the surface of the east coast caused the tremor to spread due to the shallow depth of 3.7 miles. In areas like California and Sandy soil etc the effects wouldnt have been as wide spread. All I know is I'm glad it wasnt "The big One"  :icon_thumright:   

WV Gobble Gobble

Felt it real bad here in Silver Spring, MD.  I work on the 13th floor of an office building and it was shaking like crazy.