OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Six Shooter

Started by Solid Snake, August 19, 2011, 10:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solid Snake

I have always been fascinated with old cowboy six shooters and have been thinking about getting one. I shot my uncle's Colt .45 a long time ago and loved it but I don't want to pay for an authentic Colt.

So my question is can anyone recommend a good ole fashioned six shooter, double action, in .45 for around $300 or am I not going to get anything worth a crap for that price?

redarrow

Not sure of the prices but you need to check out the Ruger revolvers. I have  two. A .22 cal Super Single Six and a .44 Super Blackhawk. I think Rossi may make a revolver too.

socalturkeyman

I think bretta makes the closes to the original colts. My dad has one in .45 long colt and its a freakin awesome gun!!!
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Solid Snake

Quote from: redarrow on August 19, 2011, 01:08:18 PM
Not sure of the prices but you need to check out the Ruger revolvers. I have  two. A .22 cal Super Single Six and a .44 Super Blackhawk. I think Rossi may make a revolver too.

I've been looking at the .44 Super Blackhawks and really like them! They seem very well built and I could use it for hunting as well. Thanks for the recommendation Red

n2deer

Did you mean single action. I noticed you mentioned the blackhawk.

Solid Snake

Quote from: n2deer on August 24, 2011, 06:34:24 AM
Did you mean single action. I noticed you mentioned the blackhawk.

I thought I wanted double action but that blackhawk is pretty cool!

vaturkey

Tauras Judge. It shoots 45 Long Colt or a 410 shell. Fun to shoot  !!

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Turkey Trot

The Colt Model 1873 is the quintessential cartridge revolver.  Several companies make reproductions, like Uberti, Pedersoli, etc.  The .44-40 was a common caliber, but one can get it in .45.  The prices are not as nice as you probably like, but you might be able to get a used model in that range.

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/single_action_cattleman.php

http://www.uberti.com/firearms/1873_cattleman_el_patron.php
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter