OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Jiffy Lube, You decide.

Started by redarrow, August 15, 2011, 01:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Hognutz

No thanks.. I am lucky to have a garage in town that I trust to do all my stuff. I don't even change my own oil, anymore..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

BOFF

Quote from: Hognutz on August 15, 2011, 04:36:30 PM
No thanks.. I am lucky to have a garage in town that I trust to do all my stuff. I don't even change my own oil, anymore..

X2

Great to have trustworthy people.

God Bless,
David B.

ILIKEHEVI-13

I always knew this kind of stuff happened.  It's sad to know that they made it a part of their daily routine.  I guess these people don't have a conscience. 

mnturkey

It most likely happens a lot more then we think.
SEMPER FI

Stoner

I am a Chevrolet dealer and it is a shame people like that are in the auto repair business. One thing they did not mention in the video is that many of "quick lube" facilities use oil and oil filters that are substandard. I noticed in the video that they were advertising $19.95 oil changes. We charge $16.95 for quality oil and a Delco filter and lube. We charge less then Wal-Mart. It pays many times to shop your local dealerships for prices. There is a popular misconception that dealerships are higher on repairs. That is not always the case. If I had a technician that charged a customer for service work not performed or parts not place on a vehicle I would call the Sheriff and have him prosecuted. Nothing worsts then a thief.

stinkpickle

Quote from: Stoner on August 16, 2011, 05:31:53 PM
...We charge $16.95 for quality oil and a Delco filter and lube...

Dang!  I was I lived closer.

Stoner

Quote from: stinkpickle on August 16, 2011, 08:57:05 PM
Quote from: Stoner on August 16, 2011, 05:31:53 PM
...We charge $16.95 for quality oil and a Delco filter and lube...

Dang!  I was I lived closer.

Love to have you as a customer.

Mailman

customer got lubed!
Stoner is correct. Called around for brake job on my wifes Monte Carlo and the dealership was almost 100.00 cheaper. I even asked them twice are you sure you are right on the price?
One Shot One Kill

stinkpickle

Quote from: Mailman on August 17, 2011, 07:58:17 AM
customer got lubed!
Stoner is correct. Called around for brake job on my wifes Monte Carlo and the dealership was almost 100.00 cheaper. I even asked them twice are you sure you are right on the price?

What dealership is that?  You're a LOT closer.  :)

redarrow

Just got an e mail from Gordon Chevy for an oil change ,filter and multi point inspection for $ 30.95/

Solid Snake

I started changing the oil in my Silverado and realized how easy it was when I was in college. Then I bought a Toyota Corolla and took it to Jiffy Lube because I didn't have a jack and couldn't just slide under it like with my truck. They charged me almost $40 for a basic oil change - I was furious! Next time it was due I went out and bought a jack and jackstands and do it myself for under $15. I will never go to those places again.